twenty two - wins and food

Start from the beginning

"Yessssir!" The other point guard beamed at him, doing as told and rolling like the best of them as Hyuuga and Kagami chased him.

Soon after catching the tumble weed, the two teams lined up and bowed, thanking each other for the game. And with that, both teams headed out for the night.

"Let's go eat somewhere! My treat!" Sasaki grinned, having gotten some energy back after taking a short break.

"Didn't expect you to perk right up after that unsightly display back there," Hyuuga glared at him from his sitting position. "You carry Kagami then."

"Huh? What do you mea-" Sasaki's gaze trailed to where the redhead was, and winced at seeing him from how dead he looked. "Oh, I see. Gotcha."

"So we're going to the closest restaurant to here," Riko said from behind Sasaki, who flinched in surprise.

"Don't sneak up on people!"

"I didn't sneak up on anybody, you're just tired," Riko defended herself, making Sasaki pout. Suddenly his phone rang, so taking it out, he answered.

"Go for Sasaki."

"Sasakicchi! Congrats on winning your game!" Kise said from the other side. "Me and my Kasamatsu-senpai are heading to get something to eat, do you guys wanna come?"

"Uhhh, depends on where you're going," Sasaki replied, "cause most of us are close to passing out so we're hoping to not go far."

"For sure! It's raining outside so we had the same idea. Okonomi Yaki is really close," The Kaijo player informed him of the location of the restaurant, so Sasaki told him they'd be there soon. "Sasakicchi!" Kise waved once Seirin had come inside the restaurant.

"Hey Kisecchi, Kasamatsu-san, pardon the intrusion," Sasaki said, nodding to Kasamatsu who returned the gesture.

"He already told me so it's fine," The Kaijo captain replied, "Go ahead and sit."

"Your game was so cool Sasakicchi!" The blonde exclaimed once he was seated. "You were incredible! I don't remember you being that fast at our game," He commented, and Sasaki shrugged.

"I'm weird like that," He said.

"You beat Kagami up pretty good," Kasamatsu commented, glancing at said person beside him.

"He deserved it so it's fine," Sasaki grinned, "right, Kagami?"

"Yeah, I was getting too heated," The redhead replied stiffly. "Honestly wish he knocked me out like he said he would."

"Just because you're sore now doesn't mean you were then," Sasaki mused, "Don't worry, I'll get you home safe and sound even if I have to keep carrying you."

"Carrying?" Kise's eyes widened a fraction before narrowing again. The hand holding his utensil turned white at his grip. A second later, Takao and Midorima entered the establishment, tried to leave, then came back in.

Takao then stole Kasamatsu, allowing Midorima to sit down with the aces. "I really don't wanna say this is awkward, kedo," Sasaki pursed his lips, "this is awkward."

"I'mma order," Kagami picked up the menu.

"Oi, get something for me too," Sasaki told him.

"Okay. Excuse me!"

"I'd suggest getting what I have since it's pretty good," Kise said to Sasaki, only for Midorima to tsk.

"I'm surprised you could eat that shit."

"Why would you say that?!"

"Don't say that! That's dirty! Don't insult food!"

"Could we get squid balls, pork balls, mixed balls, octopus balls and pork kimichi balls? What do you want, Sasaki?"

"I'll get what Kisecchi is having just to spite Midorima," The white haired male stuck his tongue out at the greenette.

"Sure, coming right up!"

"I'll pay for all of them too," Sasaki whispered to the waitor, handing him his card. The person's eyes widened, then nodded.

"Of course! Thank you very much!"

"What did you just do?" Midorima asked as Sasaki sat back down. The white haired boy hummed.

"Nothing, just said I'd pay for your guy's meals."

"That's absurd," Midorima narrowed his eyes at him.

"Nope, I'm just being friendly. Besides, it's not that much more of a hassle since I'm already paying for the rest of my team," He shrugged. "So don't worry about it."

"Are you sure it's okay, Sasakicchi?" Kise asked, his eyebrows furrowed worriedly.

"Yeah no problem," He smiled, "and even if you tried to pay me back, I wouldn't accept it, so forget about it."

"Okay," The blonde gave in as Midorima huffed angrily. A few minutes later, the food came.