My first Sonic drawing! (Plus a redraw heh)

So, I've been drawing Sonic stuff since around February last year. Around the time the Sonic film came out, seeing as that's how I joined the fandom. So not only have I been able to track down this drawing but I also decided to do a redraw! I'd also like to point out that this is Classic Sonic as I found him easier to draw.

I know, I'm so awesome XD. I will be delving into how I've improved but I'm guessing no one actually cares so you guys can just skip the rambles if ya want XD.

The first drawing:

Now to start with I'd like to point out his eyes and nose

Now to start with I'd like to point out his eyes and nose. Unlike the drawings you've seen so far they don't have any shine in them, making him look rather lifeless, nor do his gloves and shoes have any colour (where I would usually cover the gaps between his legs and arms and said clothing). Secondly, his quills. Gosh. There're so short! I like to think I've made his quills longer and sharper over time, then again. Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic also have that difference soooooo...

Any who! His smirk...it's far too big and the smile line makes it look like he's got food in his mouth or something. Also, the line that shows where his face ends is much to steep. When I draw them now I tend to keep them shorter so his head doesn't look so cut off from the rest of his body. Speaking of heads, now I know Sonic characters have big heads but even that head of his is too grand. It's too stretched out making it look unnatural. Then there's his eye ridges, they are again far too short. It makes him look to soft and not so expressive and 'cocky' as he truly is. I draw them longer now because I find it fits his personality much better.

Moving on, we come to Sonic's back quills. Again, it's too short. Which I know Classic Sonic is much rounder and shorter but still, it looks unnatural. He's not even round like we all know Classic Sonic to be.

Once again there's two more things that are too short. His fingers and shoes. His shoes look like they ended way to soon and although the shape is decent they aren't as sharp as I'd like them to be. Sonic's fingers are too stubby, to me they stand out (I am a perfectionist to be fair heh) because they aren't in 'correct' proportions. Not that the Sonic characters have accurate proportions anyway but we've all experienced that horror before so let's be thankful there're drawn how they are.

MOVING ON! Overall I'm not horrified by this but I'm definitely a bit nervous to show this. I have improved of course but so does everyone over time. His overall shape honestly doesn't look bad but again, I have improved.

So without further ado! Here's the redraw!