Chapter 35

The trolls continued looking out the window in aww, while Molly looked up at the driver.

     "Umm... uh... hi, sir. I was just wondering... how much is this gonna cost?"
"35 dollars," he replied. "No... 36 now."
"Oh..." Molly said. "I'm a little short..."
"How short?"
"About 36 dollars."

     The driver slammed on the breaks, the trolls falling off the windowsill.

     "Out," the driver said.

     He drove off, after leaving them alone on the side of the road.

     "Well..." Poppy said. "What do we do now?"

—————————

     They walked down the sidewalk, not knowing where they were going.

     "We could go back to my house," Molly suggested.
"Great idea," Branch said sarcastically. "Go back to the giant who wants us dead."
"Good point," Molly admitted, trying to think of another plan.

     Branch looked around, suddenly spotting the fountain they fell in, when they first arrived here, the wormhole floating above the water once again.

     "Guys! Guys! Look!" he shouted with joy, pointing. "The wormhole! We can go home!"

     "Yay!" the trolls shouted, but Poppy just stood there, seeming sad.

     "Poppy?" Branch said softly, noticing the look on her face. "What's wrong."

     She sighed, looking at Branch.

     "Barb," she said. "She's still here somewhere, and if we leave without her..."
"Poppy," Branch interrupted. "She tried to kill me, and then took off. She left us, so why can't we leave her?"
"She's my friend, Branch. Yes she can be a bit... violent at times... but she's still a troll. No troll left behind, remember?"

     Branch looked away, crossing his arms.

     "Plus..." Poppy added, with a slight smirk. "If we go back to Trollstopia without the Queen of rock... the rock trolls would probably be pretty angry. And you know better than anyone what happens when rock trolls get angry."

     He gulped, thinking about all the destruction that would surely happen.

     "Ok..." he said, nodding, his eyes wide with fear. "We need to find Barb."