Chapter 19

"Quick. Go out the window," Molly said, opening the window all the way. "I'll meet you outside. Wait in the bushes for me."

     The trolls climbed out the window, jumping down from the balcony, and landing on the ground.

     "Hurry, guys. Over here!" Poppy said, running towards a bush.

     "Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Where are you going?"
"Molly said to wait in the bush."
"So!? This is our chance to escape! We have to find that wormhole and get home."
"We'll never make it there on our own, Branch. Everything here is just too big."

     Branch looked away from Poppy, knowing she was right, but not wanting to admit it.

     "Molly will help us, Branch," Poppy said, confidently. "We will get home."

     He looked at her for a moment, and then sighed.

     "I hate it when you're right..." he groaned, walking into the bush with the rest of the trolls.

A Few Minutes Later
——————————————

     "What is taking her so long?" Branch complained, as he paced back and forth.
"She'll be here, Branch. I know she will," Poppy assured.

     Suddenly a truck pulled up out front.

     The tolls peaked out of the bush, noticing a picture of a skull and cross bones on the side of the truck. ☠️

     Branch's heart sank, as he looked at the image, his ears drooping.

     "It's a trap!" he yelled. "She's is trying to kill us!"
"No, Branch. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this."
"Poppy! Stop looking on the bright side! There is no bright side here! We have to go!"
"No, Branch. Molly told us to wait for her, and that's exactly what we're going to do."

     "Slam!" Branch flinched at the sound, looking back at the truck. The driver had gotten out, and was now walking towards them with a big canister of liquid on his back.

     "Poppy, if we don't go now, we are going to get killed," Branch said, panicking.
"I trust Molly," she replied, standing her ground.

     "Here, rodents. Come out, come out, where ever you are," the driver of the truck said, menacingly, as he looked around for the trolls.

     "Please, Poppy," Branch said, grabbing onto her hands, as he looked into her eyes. "We need to go now."

     She could see the fear in Branch's eyes, hear it in his voice.

     Finally, she sighed, looking away.

     "Ok..." she said, sadly. "Let's go."

     They started to run, but it was too late. The driver of the truck was spraying all the bushes with the liquid on his back. All the bushes, including the one the trolls were hiding in.