Chapter 11

"Ok," Branch said, backing up a little. "Everyone back in the wormhole."

     He turned, his eyes widening.

     "Where's the wormhole!?"

     Everyone turned, gasping as they noticed the wormhole was gone.

     "Oh no. Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no," Branch said, as he began to pace back and forth, his hands on his head. "We're all gonna die!"
"Branch! Calm down!" Poppy said, grabbing onto his shoulders. He looked at her, hyperventilating.

     "Yo! She said calm down, bro!" Barb yelled, slapping Branch across the face.

     "Ow!" he yelled, placing his hand on his cheek. "Why would that make me calm down!?" Barb shrugged.
"It works in the movies," she replied.
"Well it didn't work here!"

     She slapped him again.

     "Ow!"
"Did it work that time?"
"No!"

     She slapped him again, harder. So hard, that he fell down, sinking back under the water.

     He jumped back up, coughing up water.

     "Stop that!"
"I'll stop when you calm down," she said, slapping him again.

     "Ow! I'm calm, ok!? I'm calm!"
"You don't sound very calm, bro." She slapped him again, laughing.
"STOP!"

     "Ok you two. That's enough," Poppy said, stepping in between the two of them. "Neither one of you is helping right now."
"She started it," Branch pouted, crossing his arms, as he looked away.

     "Hey! I don't know what you all are freaking out about," Synth said, swimming around in the fountain. "This place is great!" He jumped up into the air, diving back down into the water.

     "This place is dangerous!" Branch said. "We have no idea where we are, and... WATCH OUT!"

     Quickly he dove into Poppy, knocking her out of the way, as a gigantic penny came falling down from the sky, splashing into the water right next to them.

     "What the heck was that!?" Branch yelled.

     Synth struggled to pick it up, since it was so big and heavy.

     "Hmm... looks like a giant flat rock," he said, examining the penny.
"Where did it come from?" Poppy asked.
"Uh... guys..." Barb said pointing, her eyes wide. "I think I figured out where it came from."

     They all turned, their ears dropping, as they stared up in fear.

     One of the giants was standing over them, holding one of the 'giant, flat rocks'.

     "I wish I had a pet," the giant said, tossing the penny into the water.

     "Move!" Branch yelled.

     Everyone started paddling away, the wave from the penny, sending them floating off in all different directions.

     "Hey! Watch where you're throwing those things!" Branch yelled, shaking his fist in the air.

     The giant looked down and smiled.

     "A blue hamster!" she yelled with excitement.
"Wait... what?"

     Quickly, she reached down for Branch.

     "AHH! No! Leave me alone!" he screamed, trying to swim away, but her hand wrapped around him, lifting him out of the water. "Nooo!" he screamed in terror.

     Poppy looked over, noticing what was happening. Her eyes widened, as her heart sank.

     "BRANCH!"