Chapter 31

"Hand over the rodents," the man said, holding out his hand.

     Poppy pulled Branch close to her, holding him tight.

     "I'm not gonna let you hurt them!" Molly yelled, holding the trolls closer to her, to protect them.

     The man chuckled, shaking his head.

     "You don't have much of a choice."

     He reached forewords, trying to snatch the trolls out of Molly's hands, but they dodged him.

     Unfortunately though... Branch wasn't able to move out of the way, and he ended up being grabbed.

     "No!" Molly and the trolls shouted, as the man held Branch by the back of his leaf vest.

     He looked at Branch as he dangled from his hand, his head hanging downwards.

     "Hmm... seems like you've already done my job for me with this one," he said, seeing that Branch was unconscious.

     "Leave him alone!" Molly yelled, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

     "Just give me the rodents, and go home kid," he said, glaring at her.
"Never," she replied, glaring right back at him with no fear.

     He smiled, throwing Branch onto the conveyer belt.

     Branch flopped down onto it, immediately getting taken away, as he lay motionless on his stomach.

     Molly and the trolls watched him heading right towards a spinning saw blade.

     "No!" they shouted.

     She started to run towards him, but the exterminator grabbed onto her arm.

     "Let me go!" she shouted, kicking his shin.

     "Ow!" he shouted, falling to the ground, as he let go of Molly.

     Quickly, she ran towards Branch.

     He was getting closer to the saw, as he lay there, unaware of the danger.

     "Branch!" Poppy yelled, Molly still fairly far away from rescuing him.

     The saw blade chopped of the tips of his hair, as he moved up to it.

     "Ugh..." Branch groaned, slowly opening his eyes.

     He lifted his head, his eyes widening in fear, as he saw the saw blade right in-front of his face, almost touching his nose.

     "AHHH!" he screamed, jumping to his feet, but his head was still dizzy from just being knocked out, so he fell back down onto his butt.

     "Ughhhh..." he whimpered in fear, scooting backwards, but the conveyor belt just kept bringing him closer and closer to the saw.

     Not knowing what else to do, he put his hands in-front of his face, closing his eyes tight.

     "Branch! No!" Poppy screamed in fear, as she whipped her hair forwards.

     The saw blade hit Branch's hand, causing him to yelp out in pain, as Poppy's hair wrapped around his waist, pulling him back.

     She grabbed onto Branch, holding him close, as he shook in her arms.

     "Molly!" Poppy shouted. "Get us out of here, fast!"

     Quickly, Molly changed direction, running right past the exterminator who was still on the floor, clutching his shin.

     "Oh no..." he said, angrily, as he sat up, shaking his head. "This isn't over."