Chapter 16: To save the one I love

" Thorin, you should come with me... Alone." Gandalf told the dwarf who had brought Kili inside. Fili was next to him as they tried to comfort Kili in his cries of pain.

" Watch your brother." Thorin told Fili as he place a hand onto Fili's shoulder and stood up.

" Of course." Fili said as he embraced his brother. Thorin stood up and walked after Gandalf who lead him through Beorn's house.

" What is so important that you have to pull me away while Kili is..." Thorin began as Gandalf opened a door causing his words to slow to a stop. His eyes fell through the now open door and onto the figure laying a sleep on the bed.

"What in the name of Durin?" Thorin spoke as he stepped up to the bed to get a closer look.

" How is she still alive?" Thorin asked as he stopped at the side of her bed and sat down. He reach up on placed a hand on her cold cheek.

" Beorn found her on the shore of a river not to far from here. She was just barely alive when he brought me into the room. She is alright now, with a few hours rest she will be back walking around again." Gandalf said leaning on his staff. Thorin looked to him then back at Amanda who was indeed gaining colour by the second.

" She-she's alive." Thorin said with a sigh and a smile erupt onto his face. tears pricked his eyes as his heart lifts happily.

" I have to tell Kili." Thorin grumbled happily blinking back the tears. He stood up and walked over to the door as Gandalf stepped aside for him to pass. Thorin walked with haist through the house and over to Fili and Kili. Thorin took a hold of their arms, pulling them to their feet.

" Uncle?" Fili asked as Kili did not even look at him.

" Come with me." Thorin told them as she turned and led them back to the room. He walked in and stepped a side as Fili walked in first.

" Thorin..." Fili said as he rushed over to her bedside. Fili smiled down at her as he took her hands and squeezed it. Kili slowly rounded the corner as his eyes drifted to the bed. His heart jumped into his throat and his hand flew to his mouth. Tears fell from his eyes more rapidly as he stepped forward. His hand fell back to his side as he walked over to her limp sleeping form.

" You brought her body here to torture me?" Kili cired as he looked at her.

" Shes not dead." Gandalf told him.

" She fell! No one could survive such a fall!" Kili yelled to him with anger.

" She fell into a river, Beorn found her just in time to keep her alive until I arrived to give her the nessesary treatment." Gandalf told him but Kili shook his head.

" You lie!" Kili spat at him with disgust as he turned his back to the wizard.

" Kili! He does not lie." Fili said as he stood up and walked over to his brother.

" We will give you some time." Fili said as he, Thorin and Gandalf walked out the room one after the other. Kili had his back to Amanda laying on the bed.

" Why did you let go? Why did you let go?" Kili asked her unable to understand her actions.

" Do you know what you have put the company through? What you put me through?" Kili said still not turning to look at her. He could not.

" Why did you let go!?" He yelled as he fell to his knees and cried into his hands.

" Why did you let go?" He whispered. This had been the only question he had ever thought since she fell. He cried into his has letting out quiet sobs. But what caught him by surprise was the pair of thin arms wrap around his waist and a head pressed into the nape of his neck.

" To save the one I love." A soft raspy voice spoke into his ear. His heart jumped and he froze.

"Amanda?" Kili asked as he turned around on his knees and immediatly pulled her into a tight embrace. He held her as if she could vanish form his grasp any moment.

" I love you." Kili muttered to her as she pulled him back and smashed her lips into his. Amanda ran her fingers through his hair pulling him closer. The kiss was rough and needy as they claimed each others mouths again. Kili placed his right hand behind her neck deepening the kiss more if possible. He place his left hand on the small of her back taking away any space between them. Soon their tongues began to explore each other once again. They broke the kiss and placed their foreheads against each others.

" I lost you... Again." He chuckled. Amanda smiled and pecked his lips before moving her head into the nape of his neck again. She took in his scent of forest greens, she missed it so much. Kili lifted Amanda up and walked over to the bed. He placed her weak body down onto the bed and lay next to her. Her held her close to him with a protective arm around her waist and another on her cheek as he gazed lovingly into her eyes.

" Get some rest, love." Kili whispered to her.

" Don't leave me." She whispered to him as he chuckled and kissed her quickly.

" Never." He whispered to her as she closed her eyes and feel asleep in his arms.