Chapter 33: Five Armies

A deep horn ripped through the air as it signalled for the orcs to run out of the tunnels the Wereworms had just created. Hoards of Orcs piled out of the tunnels running full speed toward the dwarves, elves and men.

"Oh, come on!" Dain called as he watched the Orcs charge at them. "The Hordes of Hell are upon us! To battle! To battle, sons of Durin!" Dain called as the dwarven army charged around the elven army. They took the front stage before driving their shields into the ground. Another set of shields on top of them before spears place at the top. 

" Thranduil! This is madness!" Gandalf called at Thranduil as he did not make a move. Amanda huffed and pushed her horse into a full gallop towards the front line. Just as her horse jumped over the dwarves the Elves were not far behind her. Leaping over the barricade of dwarves. They sliced and killed the orcs as they drove through. It was almost like a deadly dance of thousands. Just then another horn ripped through the air, Amanda looked to the holes in the ground once again.

"They are going to attack the city," Amanda muttered as she looked to Bard. "Bard! To the City!"

"All of you, fall back to Dale now!" Bard yelled as Amanda pushed her horse into a full-speed gallop. She saw the large orcs with catapults on their backs and knew she had to take them down. Riding up to the first one, Amanda jumped off her horse and onto the heel of the first large orc. She pulled out her sword and began to kill off the few Orc controlling the larger one. Once all the small Orc were killed, She pulled out her bow and notched three arrows before releasing them into the large Orcs head. 

"One down, five to go," Amanda muttered as she ran to the next one. After a long time of fighting off orcs and killing the larger ones. She had finally taken down the catapults. "Bilbo," Amanda muttered as she looked to the burning city. You could hear the screams of people being attacked. Amanda whistled for her horse as she jumped off the head of the last large orc and ran to the city. 

Her horse caught up with her and she mounted without stopping. The horse picked up speed as she galloped to the city. She had crossed the bridge just behind Thranduil as his moose hooked up orcs and he sliced their head clean off in one swift motion. But just as Thranduil entered the city, his moose was shot down. Amanda pulled her horse to a stop before crashing into the now-dead moose. Amanda watched Thranduil roll with his sword in hand. 

"Thranduil!" Amanda called as she jumped from her horse. She rushed over to his side and blocked a sword from landing on him. They both fought together, so in sync, you would have thought they had trained together for many years. "Amanda!" Thranduil called and she turned to look at him. Amanda ran towards him, she turned away from him to block an attack from an orc before throwing her back onto Thranduil's. 

She flipped over him to the other side where a large number of Orc advanced. Amanda blocked an attack but now needed another sword to kill the orc. Thranduil saw this and threw one of his swords for her to catch. She grabbed the sword mid-air and twisted to put enough force behind the blade to slice his abdomen. Amanda threw back Thranduil's sword and continued on her assault.

Amanda stopped for a moment to look around them, so many lifeless bodies. Yet so many Orcs still fighting. Amanda blocked another attack and killed the orc quickly. Her skin and clothes now soak with the black blood of orcs and sweat from the continuous fighting. Amanda looked to Thranduil who's attention was looking at his kin laying dead on the ground. 

Amanda saw an Orc run up behind him ready for the kill. Thranduil looked at her and watch as she changed her hold on her sword. She put it over her shoulder and threw it towards him. Her sword flew past Thranduil's cheek, slicing it ever so gently. Amanda's sword embedded itself into the orc behind Thranduil saving his life. Now without a weapon, Amanda was at a serious disadvantage as she fought off another orc. But she used the orc's own weapon against him. 

"Thranduil, We must fall back," Amanda called to him. "We have lost too many. We must fall back and regroup!" Just then, a deep proud horn sounds through the air before chiming of a large bell. 

"Thorin," Amanda muttered, she smiled known the old Thorin was back. This gave her more strength than ever to fight. "Thranduil, Sword!" Amanda yelled and Thranduil pulled her sword from the orc and tossed it to her. Amanda grabbed it and sliced off the head of an orc.

" Recall your company!" Thranduil tells his elve who blows his horn to call retreat.  Amanda looked to Thranduil. Gandalf then appeared in front of them.

" My Lord, disperse this force to Ravenhill, the Dwarves are about to be overrun. Thorin must be warned." Gandalf asked of Thranduil only to be met with a stone wall.

"By all means, warn him. I've spent enough Elvish blood in defence of this accursed land. No more!" Thranduil told him while walking away. Thranduil looked to Amanda with a softer look than he had ever given her before. He nodded in thanks for saving his life before he disappeared. 

"I'll go," Bilbo said.

"No, No way. I can go, Bilbo, you stay here. With Gandalf." Amanda told him. She turned and rushed over to her horse, where she quickly mounted and wasted no time in heading to Ravenhill. Riding up the steep yet easiest way to the top it took her just under ten minutes to make it. She rode out onto the snow-covered river bank. She saw Thorin, Dwalin and someone she told to stay put. 

"Bilbo damn it!" Amanda yelled and she pulled her horse to a stop in front of them all. "I told you to stay with Gandalf." 

"I couldn't just do nothing!" Bilbo yelled. Amanda went to answer him back when the sound of drums caught their attention.

" This one dies first. Then the brother. Then you, Oakenshield. You will die last." Azog called in the black tongue as he held onto Fili. Amanda felt her heart drop.

" Go. Run!" Fili yelled to them all. But was stopped when Azog impaled Fili on his blade.

"Here ends your filthy bloodline!" Azog continued as he dropped Fili off the cliff. 

"No!" Amanda yelled as she pushed her horse into a gallop jumped off the river back into the snow-covered ice. The horse skidded to a stop as Amanda jumped off. she landed next to Fili who was just barely breathing. "Fili, hang on," Amanda muttered as she pulled out her small brown healing bag. She rummaged around to find an elixir she needed to give him. 

"Here drink this. It's not a fix. But will keep you alive long enough for us to get you help." Amanda told him and she propped him up on a rock and made him drink the liquid. "I have to go and help the others. Keep pressure on the wound, I will be back soon." Amanda told him as she swung her bag back around and pulled her sword from her sheath. She looked around behind jumping up and running towards where Kili last ran off too.