3

Jack's POV

After mommy had killed the Hilichurl, miss Amber started to explain Mondstabt's situation to us.

Amber : you see miss Lumine, Mondstabt has been in high alert due to Stormterror's attacks and the numerus treasure hoarders trying to steal things during the panic.

Paimon : that's just wrong!

Amber : exactly! I don't know how someone could be so selfish to steal in such a time of need! Anyway before we get side tracked, the mission i was asigned to do was to eliminate a small camp of Hilichurls near Mondstabts gate. We should see it right behind that hill over there!

We walked a little faster towards the hill then slowed down, mommy and Amber then crept up the hill to gaze down on the Hilichurls.

Amber : here's the plan, i'll take out those archers while you deal with the usual Hilichurls, and after that we'll both focus on the Mitachurl with the wooden shield, okay?

Lumine : that sounds like a good plan, simple and easy to execute.

Jack : what can i do?

Amber : you can uuuh- guard Paimon! Yea!

Jack : oh....... Okay....

I felt a gloved hand rub against my hair so i looed up to see Lumine giving me a smile.

Lumine : what you'll be doing is important Jack, Paimon is defenceless afterall.

Paimon : yea! All Paimon can do is run away, so Jack will be Paimon's super duper power guard!

I nodded my head and gave the both of them a smile.

Jack : okay! I'll take care of her!

Lumine : that's my little girl! Mommy will be back in no time.

Amber nodded her head to Lumine and they then sprinted off into the camp, i then turned towards Paimon to see her eating from one of the berry bushes. I was always curious as to how Paimon can shove so many things into her stomach, but i'll probably never find out.

I went to another bush and started to pick a few berries from it, i took a small bit out of one of them. It was pretty sweet, but i like to eat meat more, maybe i could try to cook one of the left over boar meat we have. Just as i was about to start the fire the sound of mommy chuckling was heard.

I lift my head to see that Lumine was completely clean while Amber had soot and ash all over her. Mommy seemed to be laughing at Amber's misfortune.

Lumine : HAHAHAHAAAA! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU USED AN EXPLOSIVE SLIME BARREL AS COVER!

Amber : i-it was just the heat of the moment, that's all! I-it won't happen again!

Lumine : hehe, sure sure~ huh? What are you doing Jack?

Jack : i got a littlw hungry so i was going to try cook something to eat, but since you're here now can you make it mommy?

Lumine : nope, Amber owes us some Sticky Honey Roast, remember?

Jack : oooh! Okay!

Paimon : Paimon can still eat!

Jack : but you always eat.

.
.
.

Before we could actually go to Good Hunters, we had to wait for Amber to finish cleaning herself at her house, so in the mean time i was playing eye spy with Paimon.

Jack : eye spy with my little eye, something green.

Paimon : hmmm.......... Is it the grass in the flower pots?