Chapter 6 Part 4 - 5

Start from the beginning

---Chelsy Pov---

My eyes darted up to the stands... My daughter on her father's lap cheering out for me... It put a fire under my ass... and ignited me to fucken win for once... Glaring over to the infield as I raced up around it... seeing My brother and his girl, Friends singing... noticing all 4 of them eyeing me down with this... You've got this look in there eyes... It was all I needed. Looking ahead as we crossed the start/finish line... one lap left... So it's time to stop hanging back and make some moves! Racing through RPM's and Bashing through gears up to turn one... a heavy braking corner... many slide out or over brake for it... some under brake it and slide to the outside of the track and get passed... but me... Hehe... No I don't do that stupid shit... My brakes have better things to do... Arriving at the main braking zone... the majority of driver's threw up there brake lights... cars tucking forwards as they rapidly slew down... and came from the outside to the inside to begin the turn... 

Weaving between a Mazda RX7 Sahanna and a Dodge Challenger as I rocketed around them from the inside to the outside... "What are you doing kid... Your missing your braking zone!" My crew chief yelled with worry over the Radio piece in my ear... I noticed a lot of eyes in the stands of turn one turning to me as I didn't even begin to slow down... hell I wasn't even following the optimal racing line as everyone else was... "Just shut up and let me drive... I'm winning this shit tonight" I told him with a attitude as I Tapped the brake long enough to tuck the front of the car in a bit... Ripping the wheel right then to the left towards the corner as I kept my foot in the gas... forcing the car sideways as I didn't counter steer till it started moving the way I wanted for it to... Cutting the wheel to counter steer as the car drifted with greater speed then the car's taking the race line through the corner where... Whilst along the outside lane of the track... Straightening the car out now having made it from 23rd place of the 26 here... up to 18th in one corner... Passing multiple car's from the speed I carried compared to them out of the corner...

"And Chelsy Denton's strikes!!! She's just passed half the track in the first corner!!!" The announcer named Ron yelled over the loud speakers... I could hear it through the car as I passed all the hung up speakers along the track... "Man I tell ya Ron this kid never fails to impress. She may have never won a race before... but damn does she put up a show on the final laps..." The other announcer spoke as I grew a Smug smile... "That's changing tonight" I said... I was gonna win and not a damn thing was gonna stop me from winning tonight either! Racing to turn two as I once again... didn't brake like the rest... I ducted the car to the outside and just drifted around the coemption... and with it the last lap I knew they couldn't throw a caution like they're required to on any other lap for me drifting... it being considered a Out of control car on the track when I do elsewise... stupid shit really. straightening out as I bolted ahead of 7 more drivers... Each corner from here own I drifted... I raced to the car's limit... and I refused to give up a inch...

Before I knew it... We where approaching the final corner... And all that stood between me and my first victory... a Blue and Black Camaro... A grey Mustang up at the front... and myself in someway... Racing to the final corner I knew... I needed a strong run through the corner to out run them to the finish... I couldn't avoid the fact that my car was slower... Katie is older... and less powered so she need to out run them hard out the corner before they can even begin to unleash there superior acceleration and speed! Because it's a quarter mile from this corner... to the start finish... and that's a long way to go in a drag race... and same to be had here! Rocketing passed the Camaro... as we came into the corner... but... something was off... I noticed the lack of turning from the camaro as I drifted in front them in the corner... In my mirror I felt my heart drop... as I caught the sight of the Camaro slamming into my rear bumper head on... for a moment sliding the car to sideways more then I had been keeping it at... till the rear bumper was ripped off by the Camaro relieving the pressure of it on Katie... but Now Katie was sliding to sideways to straighten out... not with out letting off the gas and I couldn't afford to do that... I was gonna lose if I let off for a damn moment! That Mustang was way to fast to track back down if I did!

"C-Come Katie... C-COME ON!!!" I shouted cutting the wheel to counter steer as hard over as I could... Leaving the corner ahead of the grey mustang... Katie Threw Quarter panel first into the Safety barrier between Stands and the track... Severely denting her but forcing her straight as she bounced off the wall a tad bit... "GO DAMN IT!!!" I screamed as the car regained grip... rolling at 100 mph... about 3 car lengths separated the Grey Mustang from Katie and I... But by now it was matching Katie in speed... and slowly inching closer to closing the gap... Roaring the car up through the Rpm I purposely took Katie 1 grand past redline to accelerate as hard as she could possible Accelerate... before banging her to 4th gear... at 130mph... The finish a 1/4th mile away now... a car and a half separate win and defeat as the Grey mustang continued to gain ground... Katie roared to 149mph... and hit redline...

 I pressed the clutch in and grabbed the shifter... I pulled on it... But it wouldn't move... It was stuck... I wanted to grab 5th gear... but the shit wouldn't move... That moment of hesitation between gears was gonna give up speed I need... "D-DAMN IT!!! FUCK IT!!! I AM NOT LOSING THIS!!!" I screamed making up my mind... It was the car or the win... and sorry... But the win was more important to me now... I let off the clutch and sunk my foot to the floor... the car screaming... and begging for 5th gear as It roared and screamed into 1.5 thousands into the Redline... then 2 thousand into Redline... then 2.3... then just... stopped... It wouldn't rise a damned bit higher and I noticed the lack of bouncing off the redline... a tall tell sign of something bad for the motor if you leave it there to long... In the corner of my eye... the grey mustang racing along my door.... the Finish... 100s of feet away... So close I could smell it... with the sound of shattering metal... a loud bang and a literal piston head shooting up through the hood leaving a hole in the hood where it shout up from... Flame flowing through the hole of the hood... the car tore apart under the hood... the rear wheels locking up from the motor's sudden abrupt stop towards spinning... I bashed the clutch in to the floor freeing the wheels to just coast... as the Car crossed the lane a half fender ahead of the Grey Mustang...

---Later that same night---

---Shawn Pov---

"anndddd Perfect... That's where I want it... so! What do you think girls... and boy... The Conventions first time sponsoring a race... and that races first car... to win with are sponsor to it!" The owner asked as he'd had a hole place in the main room custom built to put a car on display... Katie... the Mess she is now of all things... I smiled as I placed a hand on the roof rubbing it... "Looks good to me..." I admitted... but then again... I was just happy to have my car back... well... What the hell's left of it at least... "Yeah... Looks fine" the girls agreed... only because it made me happy from the sound of it... "and you young lady... I can't thank you enough for donating the car to the convention... Means so much to us!" The owner turned around telling Chelsy... "Ah don't mention it... She'll be loved more here then with me now..." She explained with a joyful smile... Glaring passed him to me... as I made a playful... pretend hair shaving gesture and then pointed at her. She rolled her eyes as I silently chuckled... "I'll shave the head off your head for it someday... but not tonight... It's your night tonight... but tomorrow..." I thought growing a devious smile... "I'll revoke your hair privilege's..." I finished in my head... 

---To Be Continued---

I know todays part wasn't to fnia related but It's apart of the building lore... XD

So expect it to return to Fnia again next part...