Part 3 - The Polar Bear Learns

Start from the beginning

Tay slammed the door behind them after dragging New into the dressing room. He waved his phone in front of his face, his purple with rage. "After the last time, how could you do this to me?" He plopped his butt down in the chair and groaned. "What a fucking mess, Newwie. A shit show, a real fucking shit show."

New shrugged. This wasn't his first time with his obsessive fans, probably wouldn't be the last time. If they wanted to destroy his career, so be it. He was absolutely done with them ruling his life. "I've had it, Tay, I'm done. Finished. I don't care if they ruin my life, but if they go after Day, I'm going after every single one of them. She's done nothing wrong except be in a picture with me."

"Who the fuck is she, New?" Tay didn't even know why flashes of jealousy were rising in him. Where was this jealousy coming from? He rubbed his face, hoping it didn't show.

His face gentle, New smiled, "The daughter of my Mom's friend. A nice girl."

"We don't meet nice girls."

"Well, that's why Day is different, Tay. I've known her over 2 months now and she is nice. Doesn't care about what I do, or how I look. Just likes to spend time with me and we actually talk to each other." New wondered why he cared and thought what difference did it make. 

Tay wanted to rip his hair out. What had he been doing for months, years even, fantasizing about this man? Had he really got the wrong impression that night? Instead of screaming, he drew in a deep breath and said, quite calmly, "Read the comments."

It took New a more than a few minutes to do so. He looked up at Tay. "What is on your pages?"

"I had to turn off DM's on both Twitter and IG, and comments in IG as well. Go see for yourself." Tay hung his head. Some of them were bad, very bad. He did not want to look at New while he read them.

His phone rang in the middle of reading. New flipped it over and walked to the door to lock it. There was no way in hell he was talking to his manager right now. After the shitty way he handled everything the last time, HE would do take care of it this time. His family and Day was his priority.

"Tay, I'm sorry, but can you stay with me until I'm finished? I really can't talk to anyone else associated with G-TV until I'm finished." New picked up his phone and called his mother. 

Tay nodded and settled back. He wanted to see how Newwie was going to handle this. He felt so left out the last time. 

"Mom, call Day for me. Tell her to take the vacation like we talked about. Yes, I know." He paused. "Totally my fault. I posted on the wrong page, Mom. Day needs to be protected from the rabid press and public." He laughed. "Help them, Mom, I love you all."

All? Who were the all that New referred to? Didn't he say Day was just a friend?

He sighed and sunk to the floor holding his smart phone, talking to himself. "It would be easier with my laptop... hmmm, okay, here we go!" 

"First, I close down Twitter and Instagram. Second, I release the press statement. Third, I contact the lawyer I've retained. Fourth, send the applicable contract details and press statement to G-TV. Fifth, wait for the shit to hit the fan."

New crossed his arms over his legs and began to shake as soon as he finished hitting send on all the prepared documents that he had finished two weeks after seeing Day regularly. He wasn't a stupid, or ignorant man by any means. He learned from past mistakes. NO ONE WAS EVER GOING TO BE HURT BY HIM AGAIN.

Nor, was he going to allow G-TV to hurt him or anyone he cared about again!

Tay watched him for a while, expecting him to get up at any minute, open the door and walk out, head held high. He didn't. He just sat there, shaking. Finally, becoming scared and nervous, Tay approached him and put his hand on his shoulder. New lifted his head and there were slow tears rolling down his cheeks. 

Tay wiped one away with his thumb. "Why are you crying? You took care of everything. It's almost over."

"That's why. It's over but facing the manager. Call it shock, nerves... whatever you want." New put his head back onto his knees. His voice muffled, "Tay, have you never considered that we are not meant to be alone? WE need people to lean on, to hug us, hold us, when we are upset or happy? Kiss us when something new or exciting happens?"

"Day was just a friend but I'm not even allowed to have friends." So who was the other person he loved? "I have only a small family, Tay. It's tight, but other than my parents and sister, who can I rely on?"

He sounded so sad, so lonely. It brought back the feels from that night at his apartment. It reminded him of how New looked, on the couch, and how he felt. 

"You have friends. More than you know. You have me." Tay sat beside him and gathered him into his arms. "Gun and Off, for example." New was stiff at first. "You still talk with Earth, don't you?" They did not hug, unless they were paid to, at fan meets. Why now? Was Tay feeling sorry for him?

Tay tugged him closer, pulling hard so that New had no choice but to move into his personal space. It threw him off balance and he stretched out his hands to stop himself from falling. One hand landed securely on Tay's shoulder. The other grazed high on his upper thigh, hitting the floor.

Shocked, New stared right into Tay's eyes. Did he really have an erection? Tay never dropped his eyes, knowing that he knew.

New needed to know, he had to know... did he make a mistake? Okay, he was going to be rude as hell, but... he put his hand firmly on Tay's crotch. There was no turning back once his hand was on the family jewels. Tay groaned.