I (XXIV). The Secret Behind the Rings 💍

Depuis le début

"Listen up, my little misfits." Said Kalego, "You'd better not cause any trouble. Don't burden anyone. While you're at school, you must follow all the rules to a tee, respect your teachers, and strive to do your academic best. Your end-of-the-terminus tests are coming up. Do not forget to prepare."

'End-of-terminus tests?' Thought Iruma, 'I wonder if those are like finals.'

"Although, personally, I wouldn't give a serpent's forked tongue if you dimwits failed." Added Kalego with a strict expression.

His face was enough to send chills in Iruma's bones and remind himself that he better study.

•°•°•○•°•°•

In Magic Basics Class

Magic Basics class is conducted by Momonoki Morax. For today, students will be starting with page 80 in their textbooks and practicing transformation magic. What was on her desk was a small pot with purple crystals and a green frog with red stripes in a bottle. Students will cast a spell on the said frog to change its color.

"Let's see... Iruma. How about you?" Called Momonoki.

"Y-Yes, ma'am. I'll try." Replied Iruma nervously as he stood up.

While Asmodeus and Clara cheered him on and Isabelle telling them to keep quiet so Iruma will not be distracted, Monoki instructed Iruma, "The spell I want is 'Cherusil'. Are you ready?"

Iruma hovered his hand above the bottle, using Devil Mode in his ring and chanted the spell. His ring glowed blue and the frog turned from green to black.

"As you can see, its color has changed." Said Momonoki, "It's now a lovely charcoal."

"Absolutely splendid, master!" Praised Asmodeus, "That is the most perfect shade of black I have ever seen!"

"Nice! Amazing!" Complimented Clara while Isabelle did a small yet sincere applause and their classmates smiled at him, with Keroli pouting.

"I'd say it's above average." Said Ryūko undully over her critical tongue.

"Fufufu, that is quite the tongue of judgment, my lady." Laughed Lavande softly as Asmodeus still praised Iruma, who has a small blush while nervously thanking them.

'I'm getting used to doing magic with the ring.' Thought Iruma, 'I gotta say, using magic could be a lot more fun once I'm finally able to master it. But I think Sis would get it faster than me someday, considering that she's a cambion.'

Because Iruma is merely a human being, he has no powers and wouldn't normally be able to use magic. Thanks to Sullivan's magical powers and this Gluttonous Feeder Ring he also happened to get, he's able to flex these skills and appear proficient at magic.

As Ryūko is a cambion, she just so happens to have magical powers of her own that still remain a mystery. So before she can find her bloodline magic herself, she'll be using magic given by Sullivan and stored within the Ring Of Pride she got the same way as Iruma did.

•°•°•○•°•°•

After some classes, the demon school's bell set off to signal Lunch Break period to students. In the cafeteria of Babylus, students can get their meals for free and purchase goods from the school store, run by school shopkeeper, Come-Come.

"Sir Iruma, would you like to get the A lunch (Akuma Lunch) today?" Asked Lavande as Clara does her lunch chant, "Or perhaps the D lunch (Devil Lunch) instead?"