I (XXIV). The Secret Behind the Rings 💍

Start from the beginning

"I'm still worried about them getting hurt, though." Said Acheron.

"They may await for as long as we stay punctual, Lady Ryūko." Added Lavande as the ladies walked.

With that aside and for those of you who may have forgotten, let us get to know a little bit about our protagonists, shall we?

Ryūko and Iruma Suzuki, age 14. The former is a cambion-half-demon and half-human, and the latter is a pure human, but were sold off by their selfish moronic parents. Now, they're the demon Sullivan's grandchildren, and is attending a prestigious demon school called Babylus in the Netherworld.

Isabelle Abaddon, age 14. A cambion like Ryūko, Isabelle has had a terrible life enduring endless bigotry. After moving in Sullivan's mansion, her life has been improved ever since. She even started going to Babylus with her two housemates. Recently, she revealed to them about her dual heritage and they easily understood her plight.

As the name hence, it's a school meant for demons in the Netherworld, so Ryūko, Iruma, and Isabelle are the odd ones out. At first, Iruma was frantic with fear and worry, believing the demons might find out he and his sister were human and end up eating them as punishment, but his fortune has changed dramatically and he's gotten quite accustomed to life here along with Ryūko. As for Ryūko, she had less worries as part-demon and adapted to her new life in the Netherworld and is holding up a relationship with a demon. Isabelle on the other hand, also had no problems in her new school but she still had a lot of secrets best kept secret for now.

Now with that out of the way, let's get back to the group (bar Acheron, being in a different class and all). On their way to their classroom, known as the Misfit Class, they were walking down the stairs and see two janitors complaining about a situation regarding rubbish.

"Look at this mess. Who would think to dump garbage here?" Said one of them.

"Yeah." Agreed the elderly janitor, "Demons are too lazy to dispose of it properly. It's a devi'n problem."

Seeing this as a problem, Ryūko and Iruma decided to help them out with it.

"Well, Ryūko and Iruma! Thanks a lot." Said this elderly demon.

"We'll always appreciate your help." Complied the younger janitor, "You're such good demons, young Ryūko and Iruma."

"Ah, that is not of any issue." Said Ryūko modestly as Isabelle, Clara, Asmodeus and Lavande also decided to help. As they all cleared up the pathway, little did they know one of the teachers was watching their actions.

•°•°•○•°•°•

In The Misfit's Classroom

The said teacher watching the so-called Ryūko and Iruma Corps was homeroom teacher of the Misfit Class, Kalego Naberius, a stern and dignified teacher who holds a disliking toward Sullivan, who is the Chair-demon of Babylus.