I (XXIV). The Secret Behind the Rings 💍

Start from the beginning

"Miss, Isa, Miss Ryūko, and Master Iruma!" Addressed Alice Asmodeus, the noble male demon in white and gold, "Let's head to school now, shall we?"

"Good morrow, my lieges!" Greeted Dame Lavande Félin, the feline lady knight in purple armor.

That said, Ryūko, Isabelle, and Iruma rushed out the mansion to meet their friends.

"We shall meet after school!" Said Ryūko, "Indeed, good morrow to you four!"

"Iruma-kins, your cowlick is so devi-devi on-pointe." Complimented Clara.

"You fool. Don't be absurd. That's not remotely a cowlick. This is so clearly his cutting-edge hairstyle." Argued Asmodeus before his attention turned to Iruma, "Wait... Perhaps this is the sign I should style my own hair the same as..."

"Sir Asmodeus, best to think not, nor should you intend." Suggested Lavande.

"Yeah. I don't think Iruma's hairdo would look good on you, Azz." Agreed Acheron.

"Are you sure of this?" Asked Asmodeus, "If that's the case, allow me to carry bag!"

"It's fine." Said Iruma, "Honestly, I got it."

Clara then tried taking Iruma's bag, saying that she'll offer to carry it, which brought Asmodeus telling her to stay out of it. But Clara asked Iruma persistently, using the word "please" several times before Iruma decided to hand his bag to her-he cannot refuse when someone asks him for something, he is the ultimate pushover, after all.

"Would you like me to have your baggage under my care, Lady Ryūko?" Asked Lavande.

"Thank you for your kindness, Lavande." Said Ryūko, "But much would I prefer to handle my belongings personally. If ever at any situation, I will inform you to be of assistance."

"But of course, I am at your service, my lady." Bowed the cat demon.

Now on their walk to Babylus Demon School, the prestigious demon secondary school in the Netherworld. Most other students prefer to go to Babylus by flight on their wings, but since the twins live near the school and humans don't have wings, flying would be unnecessary for them.

Above the group, a few passing demons in flight took notice of them.

"Hey, it's the Ryūko and Iruma Corps." Said a male student.

"I still don't get why they love walking to school. And that grem-girl's as strange as always." Added another male student referring to Clara.

"Look, it's the heads of the class, Asmodeus and Félin!" Exclaimed a female student, "He's so hot and she's so beautiful."

"And aren't those Isabelle and Acheron? It's weird that Acheron is friends with Iruma and the rest of that group since they're in the Misfit Class while Acheron's in Class A." Said another female student.

"My right foot is Connor, and my left foot is Murf!" Said Clara, talking about her green monster slippers, "Are you ready? Let's run a demon-athon to school! Go! Zoom!"

And with that, Clara was on the run as fast as the wind.

"You're going to ruin Master Iruma's things if you shake his bag so much!" Exclaimed Asmodeus chasing after the running girl, "Come back here!"

"Those two get along so well." Remarked Iruma.

"Do they?" Asked Isabelle rhetorically.

"More bickering for them, I suppose." Objected Ryūko, "Running in the school compound is against the rules, you know."

"Come on, Sis! Try to loosen up a little." Suggested her brother before he went to run off to Asmodeus and Clara, "Wait up, you two!"

"I guess it leaves us, then." Sighed the duel-orbed woman.