"What?" I answered a little thrown off.

"The diagnosis. Will you live to see another day?" He asked with a warm and funny tone.

"Oh yeah. Definitely. It was a small stomach bug but I'll live," I let out a small sheepish chuckle.

"Okay then. Hope to see you back and ready for action soon, partner," he said before we ended the call.

"Tommy," Bryan called out from behind me just as he walks out the hospital. "What? Bryan, what?" My irritation veiled through.

"We need to talk," he said with a no-bullshit tone.

"Yeah, actually. We do," my toned came off a lot more snappy than I anticipated.

"Woah. There's really no need to be so snappy with me right now. This is as unsettling for me too," I furrowed my eyebrows but decided to take a breath to calm down when I noticed the bystanders were eyeing us.

"Not here," I said in a more calm voice.

We headed to his car and drove back to the diner where he parked next to my car.
He switched the engine and let out a heavy breath before turning to face me.

"You're pregnant," he says and I pinch the bridge between my eyes as I nod. "I believe so, yes," I sigh.

"This...this is...a mess," he says. "Are...are you keeping it?" He asks catching off guard.

His question makes me furrow my eyebrows.

"Abortion never crossed my mind because it isn't an option," I defended. "Not to mention, why would I give my baby away to some strangers as if I don't have most of my like in tact?"

"Sounds like you're keeping it," he said.

"Of course I am. Although you don't seem too keen to hear that," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"That's because I'm not," he snapped back which made me jerk my head back in surprise. "I don't want that child. I've got too much going on to have a baby right now. I don't want this," he gestures to my stomach.

"Okay," I calmly said.

"Okay?" He looks at me confused. "What does that mean?"

"It means okay. Bryan you have fully expressed how much you don't want this baby. You don't want the baby? Okay, you don't have a baby. But me? Me on the other, I gonna do me and that means have this baby and raise it with or without you. I won't force shit on you, Bryan. You're a grown man that is fully capable of making his own decisions. You choose not to be the baby's life? That's your decision, but my our life carries on without you," I rant out. By the end of my speech I'm practically panting.

"No one knows about this," he deadpans.

"Of course. Why would a noble neurologist want a woman walking around town with a baby she claims to be his that he doesn't support?" I sarcastically answer before opening the door to leave.

"We're not done here," he demanded.

"Fuck. You," I said before closing the door and entering my own car.