Warren walked up to my side, whistling at our outfits as he looked at us. Rolling my eyes, I summoned a tendril of my power to my fingers, then touched the portal. The portal that was once red now turned violet, leading us straight to the front gates of the palace where we were to enter.

"You look good too, Warren. Maybe too good. A goddess might start ovulating at the sight of you." Taylor complimented Warren as she looked at him with a grin.

Warren returned the grin then directed his attention at me. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for my appraisal.

"What?" I ask apathetically.

"You're supposed to compliment me after I complimented you, V. It's etiquette."

"It really isn't and that was hardly a compliment. You whistled," I said as I stepped in to the portal.

"Plus, demons lie all the time. She just wants to see you look all high and mighty." I say over my shoulder as my body enters the portal fully.

Whatever humor I had a few seconds ago disappeared as soon as the castle appeared. It looked just like it had in my dream, proving that I really was in that man's head.

Taylor soon joined me with a knowing smile on her face and Warren donning a frown. Both stopped their squabble as they looked up at the castle, amazed at the sight of it.

I sighed, both an action of steeling myself and calming down the anxiety building inside. Walking up at the gates, I notice a man stood at the center of it, paper in hand.

The clicking of our heels were the only sound here as we approached the man that looked incredibly bored. He wore clothes that were fit for any castle servant, but presentable nonetheless. He had a gilded monocle and a well-trimmed mustache. I'd say he's not just any castle servant, but somewhat important enough to admit and reject guests.

"Name?" He asks with a sharp tone.

"Tarrin." I say, returning his tone.

He casted a quick glance at us, then returned to the list he has. A few seconds later, he stepped aside then opened the gate. We did not thank him; showing any kindness is a show of weakness, something you do not want to give to any possible enemies.

The path to the castle was dark and filled with fog. I could barely see the grass that edged the cobblestone path, but I could tell that the fog covered the garden the castle was surrounded with.

This was clearly fog breathed into life, for it covered everything, even when Warren ran his hand through it, hoping to see what was beyond. It stopped only when we reached the castle's main doors that were opened and filled with light by the torches lit on the pyres.

We entered the castle, silently thanking the gods for not casting any runes to take away any powers. Turns out the gods were just as uncomfortable as any immortal without their powers.

We walked down the long hallway and turned to the right where the revelry begun and gathered. People were dancing and drinking, some were getting into heated arguments as to how this god struck down this angel, and some were simply watching others.

Taylor tapped my shoulder once, silently telling me that she's going to start searching for the wraith. I did not look at her as she made her way through the throng, then disappeared from sight. Warren followed suit, then disappeared as well, leaving me alone.