The Game Pt3 (Shaymien)

Damien sat at his desk at work, as he worked, he couldn't stop smiling, life had gotten so much better for him over the last few days. It was all thanks to Shayne, thinking of him, caused his smile to grow bigger and for him to lose focus on his paperwork. He sighed, as he looked out his office window and saw Shayne outside by his moving truck, talking to Ian. Watching them talk and laugh, Damien thought back to everything that's happened over the past couple of months. It's been two weeks since their confessions, and despite not telling Ian, they couldn't be happier. At work, they were professional, but when no one was around they acted like any other couple in love; sometimes at work, Damien would find himself being pulled into an empty room or his office by Shayne and they'd make out or talk, just enjoying being in love. Damien would practice ball after work with Shayne, sometimes Ian would join them. Damien wasn't improving like he wanted and was beyond frustrated, but his brothers refused to let him give up. His thoughts were interrupted by his brothers coming to his office to get him for lunch.

 "Hey, Dames, you ready to go, dude?" Ian asked smiling.

 "Yeah, just let me grab my coat and we can leave. Who's driving?" Damien answered.

 "It's my turn and...dammit!"

 "What's wrong, Ian?" Damien asked.

 "I forgot my jacket in my locker and my keys are in the damn pocket. I'll go grab it and meet you at my car." Ian said, as he left.

 "Finally!" Shayne said smiling, as he closed the door, Damien smiled, went to him, and kissed him. "I missed you today."

 "Me too, you've been so busy I thought I wouldn't see you at all today." Damien replied pouting.

 "I'll always find a way to see you, baby, even if it's only for a few minutes." Shayne replied kissing him again.

 "I love you, Shayne."

 "I love you too. Come on, we better go or Ian will get suspicious." Shayne said, before they left the office and went to Ian's car.

**Days Later**:

 A few days later, while they were at work, Damien and Ian decided to go out for lunch. Shayne told them to go ahead without him; he had to finish fixing the brakes on their truck. They left, and an hour later, Shayne finished and decided to go to Damien's office and eat his lunch. He had just walked out of the back, when the front doors opened, and in walked Thomas and Billy, Shayne stared at them angrily, as he spoke.

 "What the hell do you two want?" He demanded.

 "Hold on, Topp, we come in peace." Thomas said, holding his hands up in defense, Shayne looked at them confused.

 "What's your friend talking about?" He questioned Billy.

 "Look, all we came here to do is talk to you." Billy answered.

 "Me? Why?" Shayne asked, unsure what they were up to.

 "Because you're the sanest out of your little trio." Thomas answered.

 "Wow, thanks." Shayne replied sarcastically. "What's next, huh? No, let me guess...you're going to tell me that the two of you actually like me?"

 "Well...yeah, we do actually." Billy answered smiling.

 "You two are so full of shit!" Shayne said smiling, not believing a word either of them were saying, he crossed his arms. "Cut the crap, and tell me why you're really here."

 "We aren't lying, Shayne, but you're right we are here for a reason. It's about the semi-finals game."

 "What about it? You two here to tell me you're going to forfeit the game, knowing we're just going to kick your asses anyway?"

 "No, actually, we want you to join our team." Billy answered, Shayne laughed.

 "Wait...you're serious?" He asked. "You already have a full team."

 "Not anymore, Robert got hurt at work and can't play." Billy explained.

 "You two thought I'd leave my best friends...my brothers and join your team? Am I understanding you right?" Shayne asked.

 "Yep, what do you think?" Billy asked smiling.

 "I think...you two have officially lost your damn minds! My answer is hell no!"

 "At least think about it, Shayne? You're their star player and yet you can't show people what you've got because you don't want to show up your teammates. Would real friends do that to you?" Thomas asked.

 "First off, you little shit, you two know nothing about my brothers, so watch your damn mouths! Secondly, my answer is still no!"

 "Shayne, what's going on?" Damien asked, as he and Ian returned.

 "Nothing, they were just leaving." Shayne answered.

 "Fine, we'll go. Remember what we said Shayne, and our offer still stands."

 "You two remember I turned you down...twice." Shayne replied, as they left.

 "You okay, Shayne?" Ian asked.

 "I'm fine, Ian." Shayne replied, as he went into Damien's office, his brothers following.

 "What offer were they talking about?" Damien asked.

 "They wanted me to join their team." Shayne answered sighing, as he sat in a chair.

 "What? You said no, right?" Ian questioned upset.

 "Of course, I did, Ian! Why would you even ask me that, dude?" Shayne demanded upset.

 "Okay, if Shayne says he told them no, we need to believe him and let it go. I mean, Ian, dude, this is Shayne we're talking about, he'd never do that to us, we're his brothers." Damien said.

 "Yeah, you're right, Damien. Sorry, Shayne, we believe you." Ian said smiling, as he patted Shayne on the back. "Consider it forgotten."

 "Thanks, guys." Shayne said smiling sadly.

 "Come on, we still have work to do." Ian said smiling, patting Shayne on the back again.

 "I'll meet you at the truck, dude, I gotta use the bathroom." Shayne said smiling.

 "Alright, talk later, Dames." Ian said smiling, as he left, Damien went to leave too.

 "Damien, wait." Shayne said, grabbing his arm gently, stopping him.

 "Yeah?" Damien asked, as he turned to face him.

 "Thanks for that." Shayne said smiling sadly, before he kissed Damien. "You...you do believe me, Damien, don't you?"

 "Of course, I do, Shayne."

 "Good! I love you, Dames, I'll see you later, baby." Shayne said, before he hugged him.

 "I love you too. Now, get your sexy ass back to work, before I fire you." He teased, as he gently pushed Shayne towards the door.

 "I love it when you get all authoritative on me." Shayne said, as he kissed him.

 "Shayne." Damien replied smiling, scolding him like a child.

 "Fine, fine, I'm going, I'm going, bossman." Shayne replied winking, as he left laughing.

TBC...