Across the Moonlit Sea

They had a few weeks of peace.

The moon waned and then there was no moon and then it appeared again, a thin bright crescent in the western sky and though their days on the island were peaceful and safe Remus watched the moon anxiously as it waxed.

He felt heavy and awkward. He moved slowly through the days. He felt like an ox - or a hippogryph. He had never really understood how being top heavy made one awkward and he had a new appreciation for the ungainly beasts and their heavy, lumbering gait.

He felt the baby move lower, into his pelvis. His nipples got bigger, more tender. The Braxton Hicks contractions came and went. When they got too bad he drank a glass of goat's milk and that seemed to quiet things down. Sev made him rest, and drink water. Sev scoured the island for herbs, and brewed bitter teas that Remus dutifully swallowed. He had started brewing a batch of wolfsbane potion, but Remus was not sure he was going to make it to the full moon before the baby was born.

********

The moon was half full, riding high over the spring sea, turning the waves to polished silver. Sev had made Remus go to bed early. He had read to the children and tucked them in, and now he sat outdoors on a rise above the sea. He watched the waves for a long time, the clouds scudding across the moon, turning opalescent and shiny as they moved across the half faced globe.

At last he went inside. The house was quiet. Aunt Pepper and Aunt Spider were already asleep. He locked the door and went upstairs, treading as lightly as he could. As he ascended the stairs he was surprised to find the bathroom door closed and the shower running. He knocked.

"Taking a shower," came Remus' muffled voice.

Sev opened the door. "It's me," he said.

"Oh," said Remus sticking his head outside the billowing curtain. "Come on in then, as it's you."

Sev came into the bathroom and closed the door. He went to the toilet and pissed. "I thought you were asleep," he said.

"Couldn't sleep," said Remus. "My back is bothering me. I thought the shower might help......Ooh," he added, letting out his breath, a low animal moan.

"What's the matter?" asked Sev, instantly on high alert. He had heard Remus make many different sounds in their months together, but never one quite like that.

" 's tight," said Remus breathily.

Sev pulled back the curtain and put his hands on the bump. It was tight, but after a moment it softened again, and Remus leaned back against the white tile of the shower and sighed.

"Just another Braxton Hicks whosit," he said.

"Are you sure?" asked Sev.

Remus shrugged. "You're getting all wet," he said.

It was true. Sev's black t-shirt and jeans, which had been transfigured to fit him from some old things Aunt Pepper and Aunt Spider had lying about, were soaked and clinging to him.

Remus cocked an eyebrow. "Best get in with me then," he said.

Sev was more than willing. Remus looked glorious standing there in the water and the steam. Sev locked the door and wrestled out of his clingy wet clothing while Remus watched him hungrily, then he stepped into the steamy hot shower. He took his time, worshipping Remus with his mouth, the hot water making everything slippery and smooth. He kissed and licked, the small breasts, the firm rise of Remus' belly and finally, his beautiful, long cock, that gorgeous thing, while Remus leaned back, panting and moaning appreciatively. The Sev turned him round and leaned him against the white tiles, and soaped his arse. He wanted him now, wanted him badly, the need rising from the base of his spine, traveling up his back, tingling over his shoulders, down to his belly and his cock. He put his arms around Remus and pressed in, the sensation of wet smooth skin on wet smooth skin was overpoweringly sexy. He grabbed Remus' hips and entered him and then it was just hot and fast and good. Sev had one hand on Remus' belly, the other on his cock and they came together, moaning into each other in the heat and the steam and the wet.