What if Cale turned into a child? (26)

Start from the beginning

'What crazy thoughts am I having right now?!'

Naru flinched as his mind snapped from the thoughts he was having. He stared at the three children who wasn't even looking at him as he furrowed his brows and turned his head away with a 'hmp!'

His eyes met with Melundo who was watching him since earlier. 

The butler wanted to smile while watching Naru who was eating the steak with such enthusiasm. He was really relieved that even though Cale Henituse doesn't remember them, he can see the conflicted feelings reflected in his eyes while watching the others as if he was going crazy. The concern that was reflected in his eyes whenever he answered them with snarky and rude comments was, to say, ruining the cold and stoic image he wanted to project.

And right now, Melundo was trying his hardest to stop himself from grinning, although the twitching side of his lips was noticed by Naru that made the little vampire slightly blush.

Naru furrowed his brows more and faked a cough. 

"T, the steak today tastes different than the usual. Is the chef new?"

Naru opted to pay attention to the steak he was eating. He noticed that the taste was different from the steak he had yesterday for his meal. 

"This fragrance, its tenderness and juiciness..."

Another piece flew to Naru's mouth and with a satisfied expression, he moaned as the sweet taste of the sauce filled his mouth, accompanied by the taste of the well-seasoned meat. Naru can't help but wonder how could a steak be this delicious.

He turned to look at Melundo who was frozen stiff on his spot while looking at him. The butler regained his composure and slightly smiled.

"Your highness, I am glad it is to your liking."

"Yes, yes. Indeed, I like it very much. The palace chef is truly talented."

Melundo's smile faltered as he felt a cold sensation at the back of his head. He can feel the cold and murderous look that the person behind him currently shooting towards him. That's why faked a cough and quickly correct Naru who was once again enjoying the steak.

"That, your highness. It wasn't the palace chef."

"...Hm?"

"The one who prepared today's breakfast was Sir Beacrox Molan."

Naru's jaw slacked as he almost dropped his fork. His eyes shifted to Beacrox who was standing behind Melundo a few meters away from the vampire butler. Beacrox wasn't looking at him, but the satisfied and proud expression he has made Naru's vampire ears twitch and his cheeks painted with pink colour. 

Naru gulped down the meat that he was chewing and looked away before sipping on the glass of water and wiped his lips with a napkin. Though this looked like he's doing it because it is an etiquette that you need to do before you talk, it was to hide his flustered expression and his pouting lips.