He tried going back to sleep, but the damn rooster wouldn't shut up which was probably for the best because he knew his dreams would be laced with nightmares that had already woken him up twice last night.

Sometimes it would be flashbacks of his father, sometimes it was of the accident at the logging site, but mostly it was of what happened 21 years ago.

With a sigh, he kicked the blankets off his body and gingerly stood up.

His body ached most mornings or if he sat down in one spot for too long, then he'd start to feel the familiar aches and pains all results from working at the Logging Site for all those years.

Lifting logs and sawing of branches, took a toll on his body over time, but it was the accident that really took it out of him.

The only serious injury he received was the cut over his cheek. It needed a shit load of stitches and had left a very distinct scar, but it was fine now.

To this day he still had no idea how the flying debris managed to cut just his cheek, he was lucky he didn't lose an eye.

The scar he could deal with easily, he's dealt with scars all his life, but it was the injuries that you couldn't see that still annoyed him now.

The drop from the waterfall should've killed him and not a day goes by where he doesn't think about it, but all it did was bruise a few bones which healed within a month. But the aching and stiffness in his body never disappeared and just got worse as time went one.

It wasn't anything that he couldn't easily deal with, just a few stretches was all he needed to do before the aching vanished, but it was still a pain in the ass and a constant reminder of that day.

He spent most the morning doing last minute adjustments to the Mustang.

He wasn't sure if Cas was still going to come around so they could take one car to Bobby's cabin. He doubted Cas would, not after what happened last night and he didn't blame him.

So, he reversed the Mustang out the garage to wash it, but as he shut off the engine, he heard the rumble of another vehicle.

It was Cas.

"Nice car." Cas called out, rolling down the window to his BMW.

Dean climbed out Mustang unable to hide the relived smile spreading across his face as he looked over him.

"Bobby's policy-" Dean began to say motioning towards the car before Cas cut him off.

"All rebuilds must be test driven before they're returned." Cas finished for him, pulling the keys out the ignition as he climbed out his car.

Dean chuckled softly before he motioned towards the garage and disappeared for a moment.

Cas nodded before turning his attention towards the Mustang and took in just how much work Dean had done to the car since he saw it a couple days ago.

"Ready to go." Dean announced, tucking his phone and wallet into his jeans pocket while carrying the urn of Bobby's ashes before they both climbed into the vintage vehicle.

Cas automatically sat shotgun, knowing how much Dean must be itching to take the Mustang for a test drive.

To both of their surprise the drive wasn't awkward in the slightest. They stopped at the local café and picked up a couple coffees and croissants since neither of them had even thought about making breakfast this morning before they hit the familiar road towards Bobby's cabin.

They didn't talk about what happened last night, almost acting like it never happened to begin with.

They spoke about old memories of Bobby, from the time the old man had caught them making out in the bed of his truck to the time they helped him fix the leaking roof in the bathroom one winter.