Chapter 6

*Present*

Dean pulled up in front of Bobby's house, but didn't move from the drivers seat of the Impala.

He sat there and stared at the house, thinking back to his conversation with Cas after they left the attorneys office.

Why didn't he just talk to the guy? Cas was trying to make conversation and be nice, but Dean barely spoke and now Cas probably thought he hated him or something, when in fact, it was the total opposite. But, Cas was married now, he had a whole family of his own and Dean didn't want to get in the middle of that, but now... Cas probably hated him anyway so it didn't matter.

"God damnit!" He yelled, slamming his hands against the steering wheel in frustration.

He kicked his car door open and climbed out before making his way towards the front door of Bobby's house.

Taking a deep breath, he pulled the spare key from his pocket and opened the door. Slowly, he walked in and just like the garage. nothing had changed in over 20 years.

There was still the old hat stand by the front door with Bobby's signature trucker cap hanging from the top hook. The same wooden table and chairs were set up in the dining room with his usual checkered table cloth. Everything was exactly how Dean remembered it.

Dean smiled sadly to himself as he wandered through the house, hating, but also loving how Bobby kept everything the same.

He wished he would have visited the old man, but he knew that Bobby understood why he never stepped foot inside the town since. But he still couldn't stop himself from feeling guilty about only writing the man letters every couple months.

After doing a small sweep of the house, he quickly realised that he was gonna need a lot of newspaper and masking tape in order to wrap and pack up the old mans belongings. So, after one glance around the house he walked back outside, locking the door behind him before climbing back into the Impala and driving to the hardware store.

While in the store he picked up the few bolts and parts that he needed to fix the gear box of the Mustang, throwing them in the small shopping basket along with a stack of old newspaper and couple rolls of masking tape.

Once satisfied that he had what he needed, he made his way over to the cash register. He greeted the old woman behind the counter with a smile when he caught sight of someone off to the right looking items on a shelf.

No fucking way.

"Just give me one second." Dean quickly said to the cashier.

He turned around and made his way over to the teenager who grabbed a bottle of acid from the shelf.

"Do you work here?" Dean asked, catching the young man's attention.

"No, Sir. Just picking up some stuff for family friends." The younger man answered causing Dean to frown because why would the kid need a bottle of acid?

"You look a lot like an old friend of mine." Dean admitted, taking in the boys appearance and there was no way this kid wasn't the son of Lee and Jo.

His features and right down to the kids posture was just a splitting image of Lee when he was that age, hell, the kid even had the long dark hair like Lee did.

"People tell me I look like my dad." The boy explained, looking back over at him.

"Lee Webb?"

"You knew him?" The boy asked in disbelief.

Before Dean had the chance to respond an all too familiar voice filled the air and his eyes flew over to the front door just in time to see his cousins, Adam and Christian, walk through the door. Oh, crap.