o22. tara

"YOU'RE DRIVING, RIGHT?" Cora asked as she grabbed her purse. She was nervous about meeting Olivia's family, especially at her mother's birthday.

"Of course. I didn't write a whole song about my drivers' license and not use it," she responded.

Cora had bought the cake for the birthday, since Sophia, Olivia's mom, insisted on the no-gift policy, but Cora insisted on buying something. So they agreed on buying a cake instead.

"It's like a twenty-minute drive, so I can refresh a bit of my family and their names and stuff if you want to," Olivia suggested. Her family wasn't that extended in this reunion but Cora could use some refreshing.

When they got inside the car, they played music in the background while they talked.

"Okay so your mom has two siblings: Anna and Pete, Anne has two kids. Now your dad has a sister and she has no children. That's it, right?" Cora asked, getting it right. Olivia kept driving and they kept singing until they reached a neighborhood that looked nothing like the one Cora lived in. Richer but smaller. The houses were big and had at least three floors each.

"Come on, everyone is already here," Olivia said, looking at the cars that were parked outside her family's home. Cora's nervousness started to fade away with every step she took closer to the front porch.

Olivia smiled at her, not knowing what Cora will find inside the house. Well, whom.

Sophia, Liv's mom, opened the door and greeted them both with hugs. "So nice to finally meet you, Cora," she smiled. "Same here. Happy Birthday!" Cora smiled and Sophia thanked her, grabbing the box with the cake inside of it.

When they walked into the living room all the family members turned to look at them. Cora tried to guess in her mind who was Pete, Anna, and her children, then the grandparents and so on, although they only saw adults, and Liv mentioned she had a cousin their age.

"Where are Tara and Tommy?" Olivia asked after saying hi to everyone. "Tara is putting Tommy to sleep for me. She's an angel from heaven," A lady who Cora guess was Anna said.

Tara. That name brought so many memories to Cora. But it couldn't be.

"Liv!" a voice said from the top of the stairs. The person who Cora thought she'd never had to speak to again. Somebody she never thought would be related to her girlfriend. "Tara! HEY!" Olivia said as her cousin rushed down the stairs to hug her.

Cora avoided eye contact with Tara as much as she could while she hugged Olivia. "Tara this is Cora, my girlfriend," Olivia introduced them. "Hey," Tara said with a smile and shyly waved at her. Does she not recognize me anymore? thought Cora.

"Now that we're all here, can we eat now? I'm starving," Tara chuckled and the whole family stood up and walked to the dining room. "Hey, are you okay?" Liv looked at Cora. "Yeah, I'm great," she smiled back, then they followed the rest of the family into the other room.

The whole family chatted while they ate, which seemed weird to Cora since she's not used to eating with such a large amount of people around her.

"For dessert, we have the cake Cora and Liv brought!" Ronald, Liv's das, said as he brought the cake with some lit candles from the kitchen. Everybody started singing 'Happy Birthday to Sophia as she stared at them and smiled. She blew the candles and everybody cheered. "Dad, can we eat the cake outside?" Olivia asked and her father allowed them.

"Tara you can come too if you want," Liv suggested, turning to Cora for approval and she nodded hesitatingly.

The three girls walked to the terrace where you could see the Hudson river from there. Amazing views of the green areas of New York could be admired from there.

With all that, Cora still couldn't believe that Olivia and Tara were related. First of all, they don't look alike, and second, they don't share last names, which is even worse for the situation. But at least she had an excuse now.

"Wait, I need water," Olivia said. "Do you want some, babe?" she asked Cora. She could use some now since her mouth was really dry from all the nervousness. She nodded. "Tara?" Liv asked, now looking at her cousin. "No, thanks,"

Now Tara and Cora were left alone eating a piece of cake on the terrace of Olivia's parents' house. "I do remember you, by the way," Tara said out of nowhere. "Sorry?" Cora didn't know if she hadn't heard her correctly or it was her imagination playing tricks on her.

"Come on, how could I forget you? You were my first girlfriend. I'm just playing dumb because you're Liv's new girl and I love her."

Cora wished she hadn't dated Tara two years ago. They never had anything serious as she had now with Liv, but it sure was something. "Let me be the one that tells her, alright?" Cora asked. She would feel bad if she didn't. "As far as I'm concerned she doesn't have to know that we were a thing," Tara suggested. "But you do you,"

Cora wanted to go home. Right now.

author's note

hey besties :) sorry that i said
that chapter twenty was gonna
be the last chapter, also sorry
that things are gonna take a
huge turn rn 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 but it's ok

also, thanks for 1k votes :))

now i present to you ... 😩🤞🏻

TARA SCHNEIDER
played by isabela merced

TARA SCHNEIDER played by isabela merced

:D

shit's about to go down pt. 2