Chapter 17

Abhay is caught offguard by Vikram who sneaked in on him from the back stunning him for a moment.

"If you're going to tail someone then the last thing you'd wanna do is step out of your car let alone drive close to your target" Vikram sneered as he took a step closer to Abhay forcing him to step backwards.

"Now that you know about me, I guess it's time you meet your end"  Abhay turned around and began to flee the scene. As he hurried towards his vehicle and got inside he immediately turned the ignition key and hit the accelerator. The Jeep started and gets turned around as it heads off the opposite direction. Abhay sighed in relief for a moment knowing he managed to get away. While on his way back home Abhay sensed something move behind him but didn't bother to turn and look back until he noticed a shadow reflect in the side view mirror right when he is just halfway back home following which the Jeep abruptly came to a halt.

As he attempted to step out, he was pulled back to his seat by something that seemed like a thick rope strangling him. Abhay used all his might to pull away and finally got out of his vehicle only to be stopped in his tracks by a serpent which turned out to be Vikram who then assumed his semi serpent form following which he picked Abhay up using his serpentine half and began to constrict him.

"Good bye" Vikram told him before biting Abhay on the forehead following which he released his target and left him right after watching him die.
........................................................................................................................................................

Shipra stood near the kitchen counter as she picked up the water pitcher to fill  an empty glass and later gulped down the same to quell the growing uneasiness within her.

A while later one of the house maids approached her along with an amulet that she found around inside the mansion.

'Is this to be disposed off?" The maid asked

"Where did you find this" Shipra's eyes grew wide as she saw the amulet that was held by the maid

"I found it lying on the porch floor while doing the cleaning" the maid answered

"Hand it over and get back to work" Shipra collected the amulet and then immediately asked all the family members to gather down.

Once everyone showed up in the living room Shipra showed them the amulet that the maid found and asked everyone to check whether it belonged to any of them however neither of them seemed to have lost it.

Shipra then realised that Abhay hadn't showed up, "Where's Abhay?"

"I saw him walk out and leave a while ago" Rani told her aunt

"Did he inform you about where he was heading to?" Shipra asked her

"Not really, he seemed to be in a hurry though" Rani answered

Shipra nearly panicked until Abhay walked right inside from the main door right at that moment.

Elated by his return back home she quickly rushed to Abhay and embraced him.

"What's wrong mother?" He asked Shipra

"Where did you run off to that even without informing any of us?" Shipra scolded him following which she then checked his wrists which did not have the amulet on.

"You dropped this before heading outside" Shipra then tried to tie the amulet around his wrist however Abhay resisted, "Can I wear this later after I shower?"

"Sure" Shipra responded.

Abhay then headed back to his room, while on the way he ran into Ashlesha who was just passing by with his gaze fixed at her and a smirk on his face.