Chapter 9

Okay I'm back with some motivation, I apologise for not updating more earlier today, my thoughts were all over the place.

_____

Me and Dream seemed to argue more the upcoming days, he always won leaving me trying to produce a snarky comment back. However, he'd usually leave straight after ,which I won't lie pissed me right off.

Through most the day I was left alone but, that only made it feel slower than it was which didn't help with my ongoing battle of thoughts. It was like the quieter it was, the louder they would get. For the most of it, I was lay on my bed tracing the walls and any small cracks that were visible. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, my emotions were all over the place. Before I got pulled into this my life was neutral: Steal anything I needed or could sell, run, and don't get caught. It was as simple as that, but now I'm seen as a traitor and being used as nothing more than a mere pawn in a war. Gripping the silk sheets, I closed my eyes. Choosing to get some sleep, tomorrow was the festival that Schlatt planned.

-----

Dream allowed me to go to the festival with George and Eret, however under the circumstances I was to be watched. I could see who was presumably Schlatt stood centre stage already, he wore a common black suit complimented with a red tie. He looked smug stood there, showing no signs of fear. I didn't know the man very well, but he looked like he knew how to run a country, I guess. George left our side and went to stand with a black-haired male wearing a blue beanie, leaving just me and Eret alone. I paid no mind to Schlatt's mini speech, instead looked at the people. Some seemed happy while the rest looked, displeased almost.

Deciding to brush it off, I messed around with Eret till the end of the festival. It was fun to be out of the base, and I wanted to enjoy my time as much as possible. As the festival continued, everything went normally, people were cheerful and were full of laughs and smiles. That's when we were all brought back to the podium for yet another speech. Everything went calmly, Tubbo even did his own speech. He looked drawn as he spoke, but his voice still had a hint of optimism which was good. I can't help but feel bad for the boy, his friends were exiled leaving him to work for Schlatt. However, after Tubbo's speech it took a massive downturn. For Schlatt and his "vice" had started to trap Tubbo, who looked slightly scared on what was happening.

'Tubbo, Tubbo. It really sucks for me to say this here but...I know what you've been up to' This can't be good, I watched Tubbo who looked lost and scared for what was to come next.

'What? Schlatt I don't know what you're talking about-' Tubbo stammered.

'I think you know exactly what I'm talking about Tubbo. We exiled those Tyrants! Out of this great nation.' Great is an over statement I won't lie. 'And you're here helping them out! If you didn't know Tubbo treason isn't a really respectable thing here.' Tubbo stood in disbelief, he was trembling slightly.

'Everything adds up! The tunnels, your absence from large events! I mean- You even walked out on this one! A-a-and don't even try and say you've not done anything, because you have! I've seen you do wrong with my own two fucking eyes!' Schlatt says, he honestly looked insane. And that's an issue especially if It's coming from someone who was kidnapped from a nut job themselves.

'Do you know what we do to traitors Tubbo?'

'No...' Tubbo replies.

'Nothing good...' He looked down at the people and called someone by the name of Techno up, he wore a piglin mask over his face and wore a velvet cape. His pink hair swung behind him, and a crown was positioned on his head I presume he is royalty from the looks of it.

'I want you to take care of him.'

'Make him breakfast? Take his coat? You're not being specific here.' The male says, trying to make the situation a little less tense.

'No, I need you to take him out' I could hear how Schlatt's voice was laced in slight annoyance, I knew exactly what he meant. And I didn't like where this was going.

'To dinner?' Techno says, clearly uncomfortable with the events about to take place. There was no stopping it, even he knew that. Schlatt wanted Tubbo dead, and he was going to make someone do the dirty work for him.

'I mean kill him.' Everyone went silent or started to voice their opinions. This was sick on so many levels, killing a teenage boy. I gave Tubbo a look of pity as he stared at me terrified, I wanted to help truly but I'd only get myself killed in the process. Techno seemed quite lost and nerved on the thought of killing Tubbo, to be honest forcing someone to kill a boy is wrong on more levels than you can count.

After slight hesitation, he loads his crossbow with a firework and points it at the boy. He then says something to Tubbo which I couldn't quite make out, so instead I just watched as he shot the firework. The colour was blinding, and I screw my eyes shut tight, I won't deny it shocked me what just happened, but it just proves to me. All that happens here in L'manberg, or Manberg as people now call it is war and conflict. Eret grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the scene as Techno proceeded to shoot everyone with fireworks, everyone is insane. I didn't spare a second glance at Tubbo who was now drenched in his own blood, dead if not slowly dying. We were close to the gates when I felt a blade push up against my neck, now where does this seem familiar?

'Ah if it isn't the infamous Y/N, I'd love to let you go but it seems Dream has taken quite a liking to you. Meaning your just the upper hand I need for what I want' I won't lie when I say I was scared, the knife was incredibly close to my neck and drew a small amount of blood. I could almost imagine the sick smile on Schlatt's face as he spoke, he brought me away from Eret. If I were to be honest here, I'd rather be Dream's hostage instead sure he was a prick, but he at least valued my life a lot more than Schlatt clearly did.

That night I was left in another room, I stared at the ceiling replaying the events of today. It's clear I'm seen as only an asset to everyone, and if I was to be honest here. It sucked. The best I could do right now is stay alive and, hope someone comes to get me soon. I placed a hand on my neck, it was covered in a small line of dry blood. Letting out a small huff, I played with the hem of the bandages on my waist. I was struggling to find anyone to trust at this point, power has gone to everyone's head and, they were willing to get it.

no matter the cost. 

_____

Hah, I have to much time on my hands swear to god-

Anyway I hope you enjoyed Chapter 9 of The thief and The villain.