Chapter Twenty-Six: Roads to Take

Start from the beginning

“Mama gave it to me because we don’t know where we are going.” She said it quickly and I didn’t miss how she rubbed her hand on her cloak, as if rubbing the magick off. I could have killed that warlock. I wanted to bring him back so I could take pleasure in killing him again. I just nodded and dropped the orb at my feet. It shattered and the magick swirled into a portal. I could see stone walls and a grand ball room. I stepped through and held out my hand. Tia took it quickly, squeezing the life out of it as she came through, clutching the cloak at her neck even tighter with her free hand.

I gave a low whistle as I looked around the space. It was large but not too opulent. It looked like an old hunting lodge and for all I knew it could have been. You never knew with werewolves. Tia clung to my hand even as the portal closed. I watched as she shuddered as if unable to take the feeling of magick at all. “Lacey better have a good reason for dragging us all here.” I watched as more portals opened up and more and more of my sisters came through.

To my surprise a portal opened up and even Fayette stepped through. Bowie followed after, holding Fayette’s hand tightly. Tia made a distressed sound and I glanced at her, she was looking at Fayette with sad eyes. I couldn’t blame her as I turned back to look at our Oracle sister. Her hair was silverly blond, nearly white at this point and her eyes were fully clouded. She held onto Bowie’s hand as if she would fly away if she wasn’t.

To my surprise Tia moved towards, her tugging on my hand slightly. I followed her as she pulled me over to Fayette and Bowie. She let me go to hug Fayette tightly. Fayette gave a wide smile and hugged her back just as tightly, her cloudy eyes closing. “I may not be able to see anymore but I can feel your energy. It is good to hold you, Tiannia.” Fayette’s voice was light and breezy, insubstantial. I looked at Bowie and she gave me a short nod and pinched her lips together. I returned the nod, knowing exactly what that mouth movement meant. She didn’t like the state Fayette was in and neither did it.

“It’s good to see you all again! Thank you for coming.” Lacey’s voice echoed in the space as he came through a large set of door. She practically beamed and it seemed to make her glow. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun and she was wearing jeans and a sweater of all things. A werewolf followed closely behind her, his eyes possessively watching her every move. “Abe and I got back from our honeymoon and I figured it was best we waited a few weeks before I called you all together. There was a lot to get through for Abe and I.” She looked back at the werewolf with a rather loving smile that had him quirking up an eyebrow and the corner of his mouth.

“Basically I just wanted to let you guys know of the immediate changes that are being made before we announce them publicly. Witches will no longer be given the contraceptive spell from birth. It will be a choice when they reach the age of maturity.” She clasped her hands in front of her rocked back and forth on her feet as she looked over us, as if eagerly waiting for our reaction.

“That’s gunna piss a lot of Elder witches off, Lacey.” BamBam said it with a wide grin. “I approve.” At her apparently glee at the suggestion I shook my head with a slight smile. That was Bam for you.

“I never did like how we didn’t give young witches a choice about it.” Aunt Hestia said it evenly and I jolted slightly in surprise. I hadn’t realized that she had come through. I could also see Violet and her weremale standing close beside the older witch. “I approve as well.” I nodded at her words and there were murmurs of approval from all of us, with the exception of Zinnia and Aymis, who I couldn’t see anywhere. Which made sense, it wasn't exactly a discussion for the minors.

Lacey beamed again, looking pleased with herself. “I’m glad I have approval!” She bounced slightly on her feet. I could honestly say that marriage suited Lacey, she was no longer a mousy little witch, hiding from the world around her. I had to give it to her werewolf. He worked some magick of his own with that. “Secondly, harems will no longer be legally recognized in the Covens. You marry one witch and that is it, if you have a harem, it will be classed as infidelity legally and you forfeit the right to your assets to your wife.” At the words there was dead silence and my mouth had fallen open before I burst into laughter. I couldn’t help it. I could only imagine just how pissed off those trumped up warlocks were gunna be by this new rule.