Chapter Fifteen: New Life: Part Two

The fire was crackling and the space was warm, just like how it needed to be for the new babes. I was prideful for Jaxton and Violet. They had twins. I knew that when Jax and I had been born, there was a heavy celebration in the Compound. I could only imagine that the Celebration for this birth would be far grander. Not just for the fact of the twins, that was amazing, but there was a female. I couldn't believe it, I truly couldn't. I looked over at the crib that I had moved closer to the fire so that the little female could be kept warm.

Violet was currently feeding the little male in bed, cooing to him as happy as could be. She still looked pale and exhausted but she looked happy. I knew that she needed to get to the Compound, the females there would help clean her properly and give her aid to help her take care of the babes. She had given the little female just as much attention as she had the male but I figured it was good to give her time with each of them alone.

The little female was wrapped up in a swaddle but I knew she was wearing one of the adorable green onesies that Jaxton had gotten for their babe when it was born. She nearly swam in it she was so tiny. I couldn't believe something could be that small and I couldn't wait to see how Jaxton would react to the news, to meeting them. I knew he would absolutely kick himself for not being here for Violet but I had also realized that it had probably been best that he hadn't been. He would have been far crueller than I was and far too protective. I doubted the witches would have gotten close enough to Violet to help and that was just not good.

It was better this was. It was an absolute shame that Violet had to labour without him, that he wasn't there to hold her hand but the labour had been brutal and she had complications that nearly killed her. I doubted Jaxton would have been able to handle his breeder like that. I knew he must have been internally freaking out feeling his Instinct screaming at him during it. The Compound was far and I knew that he would have rationalized that he needed to go there to get the family before he came back. He wouldn't have liked it but he would have done it, especially because he would have been closer there than he would have been to returning.

I took a heavy swig of the bourbon from the bottle Jax had shoved into a top cupboard to get a fine layer of dust on it after Violet had moved in. If there was ever a moment that needed a drink, I figured I had found it. I reached out with my foot and gently set the crib to rocking a touch more as it slowed down to the point of stopping. I was proud. So very proud.

Violet was a little warrior and I was thankful for the witches, thankful for how well Red had handled her own blood. She was definitely not a female who was born to back down, there was something in her that was just shy of feral and I had a feeling that if it had needed to come to it, she would have started swinging and I appreciated that, even against her own blood. Still didn't stop me from adding incentive. I wanted to fuck her but Violet's life was worth more than that to me and, more importantly, my twin.

Still wanted to fuck her though.

Not sure how she felt about that at the moment, I had cut her throat good. I shrugged slightly, she could beat me for it. Moon knew I was looking forward to her doing just that. Violet had scolded me for the action when I told her what I had done. She had not been happy and demanded that the next time I saw the female to apologize. I wasn't entire sure what it meant when Violet had explained it but apparently the blood magick had made her and the witch... sisters? I still wasn't entirely sure what that meant but Violet had been adamant I had threatened her sister, her family, and that was just not okay.

It confused me and so I didn't particularly feel the need to apologize for my actions. They had gotten the desired result, Violet had received the help from the other witch and no one had to die, I just threatened it a little bit. Besides, if my Instinct was correct about the female, she probably didn't care and the extent of her retaliation would be throwing some punches at me. If that was the case, we could move straight to step four and that was a win in my books.