I blinked at the lady, and asked, ''Did she just...ignore me?'' 

''Not ignore, more like 'doesn't know','' Gerdian corrected me.

''Huh?'' 

''What my Patruus father means is that,'' Nyle's voice had returned its warm undertone that it generally adopted when he spoke to me, ''She does not know that you are here. I have made it such that only my close comrades and advisers are able to see you, or know of your presence.'' 

''Why?'' 

''Because its a tradition; they will only be able to see you after our mating has been completed, for your safety as well as mine.'' 

I absorbed the fact with a frown. ''So I'm like a ghost now?'' I asked, deciding to ignore the fact that I was basically completely invisible until I shoved my tongue down Nyle's throat, to keep my heart from leaping right out of my chest and into Nyle's hands.

''To the general populace you most certainly are,'' Nyle pointed out before he sighed and turned towards Gerdian, ''Leave.'' 

Gerdian raised his eyebrows before he smirked, ''You want some alone time with your mate?'' 

My cheeks felt hot as they flushed and Nyle shook his head at the man, as if he was a little child asking him for something ridiculous. However the slight upward tilt of the corner of his lips contradict his actions heavily.

''Am I kind of like you then?'' I asked Valentina -in order to steer my thoughts away from Nyle- and heard her sigh.

''I don't know what I am,'' she spoke tiredly and I was alarmed with realization.

Why was I missing out on so much these days? Shouldn't my first reaction to her presence be attempting to find out who she is, and what she was doing in my head?

Damn it, I'm getting rusty.

''I don't blame you, your hands were full with the stuff going on around you. You barely have any time to  even think about your deteriorating health.'' 

''My-my what?''

''I know you've noticed how you've become weaker; how you can't project your power anymore and how tired you feel all the time. You've been sleeping way more than before and you seem a little...resigned.'' 

My lips pulled into a frown, as I contemplated her words and found that they as her words rang with truth. I had been feeling weaker, tireder and sleepier. And I had no idea why.

I remembered how Andrea had pointed it out as well and sighed. 

Why couldn't I just get all the answers for once? Like seriously, how hard would it be to just give me a guide called, 'How To Be The Phoenix's Mate For Dummies' or 'Fire Power 101'? I would even be grateful for a damn seminar! 

But apparently no, the world doen't work like that.

''Maybe you should ask Nyle abo- what is that?'' Valentina asked as the air shimmered and a column of fire swelled in the air, before disappearing and leaving a seriously-pissed-off Dylius in its place

He schooled his features the second he noticed he had appeared before Nyle, and the scent of soot wafted up my nose. My eyes darted across the room and I noted how Nyle had somehow gotten Gerdian to leave.

Dylius genuflected and bowed his head, ''Era Delilah, Eres Nyle.'' 

''Dylius,'' Nyle nodded at him and gestured for him to rise, ''What is the problem?'' 

The man's glowing yellow eyes looked tired. He straightened as he rose and spoke hurriedly. ''We...we have discovered traces of ice left by the attacker.''