Chapter Thirteen

*Brittany's POV*

I walked into The Bean right on time and I was met by Holly and Santana.

"Your website idea was a hit, girl!" Holly cheered. "We got at least ten times more people to come and like... thirty times more people to donate! Good job!"

"Thanks!" I grinned.

Santana stepped up and suddenly I noticed a small Asian girl next to her that I didn't recognize. "Who's this?" I asked.

"This is Tina." Santana smiled. "She designed the artwork for the website so Holly invited her."

"Yes! The art looks fabulous!" Holly sing-songed.

Tina chuckled. "Thanks Holly." Then she turned to me and stuck out her hand.

I shook it.

"Nice to meet you Brittany. I've heard a lot about you from this one." She gestured to Santana.

My eyebrows raised. "What...?"

"All good things! All good things!" Tina promised. Then she winked at me and mouthed something that I couldn't quite make out but looked a little like 'likes you'. 

My heart beat hard in my chest and my grin grew wide.

People began to arrive after that and Santana took the stage, setting everything up and clearing her throat. "Thank you all for coming out today." She said with a charesmatic smile. "Save the whales!"

Just like that the band kicked in and Santana started to sing a song I had never heard before. But I gasped. Her voice was even more beautiful than I had imagined it. It was raspy and gravelly and so, so sexy. She just lost herself in the song which made it even better.

Swinging in the backyard

Pull up in your fast car

Whistling my name.

Open up a beer

And you say, "Get over here

and play a video game."

She continued singing and I continued to be enthralled at her beautiful voice and the way she closed her eyes and scrunched up her nose at a meaningful note.

I heard that you like the bad girls

Honey, is that true?

It's better than I ever even knew.

They say that the world was built for two

Only worth living if somebody

Is loving you...

Baby now you do.

The song was over and everyone clapped and whisteled but I was even more enthusiastic. I howled and screamed and stomped because she deserved so much more than what she got. And I didn't just mean the clapping.