Chapter Twelve

*Quinn's POV*

"Santana seems really great, Britt." I said, folding a light blue babydoll dress, putting it on a hanger and setting it on the stack. 

"You met her?" Brittany asked, looking up at me from the t-shirts she was folding with furrowed brows. "When?"

"Just at The Bean earlier." I shrugged, setting down my clothes and turning to my blond roomate. "I saw her come and I wanted to... talk to her. Y'know?"

Brittany set down her work as well. She sighed, frustrated. "Please tell me you didn't scare her off with your overprotectivness!"

I laughed. "Don't worry Britt I wasn't bad. And even if I was I don't think anything could scare this girl off."

My best friend looked at me suspiciously. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." I turned back to my laundry nonchalantley and tried to conceal the smirk creeping onto my face.

"You know something."

"Nuh-uh."

"Ah-yeah-huh."

Finally I couldn't contain it. I turned back to her, a wide grin spread across my face. "She... she likes you."

Brittany's face lit up hopefully and I just knew that her heart was pounding out of her chest. "She said that?!"

"Well not exactly..."

She sighed disappointedly and turned her back to me. "God, Q! You always exaggerate."

"No! Britt... listen."

She turned back to me.

"She didn't say those words, but when I metioned you dating someone else she freaked out. She left in a rush and practically flipped the table!" I grinned, ready for Brittany to squeal excitedly.

"That doesn't mean anything, Quinn! She probably freaked out because you were making her really uncomfortable!" Brittany cried out, running her hands through her hair.  She breathed heavily.

"I'm sorry..." I said softly. "But I think it means she likes you, Britt."

"No I'm sorry." She replied. "I just got frustrated because... I feel like I'm in love with her and you got my hopes up, y'know? But I just don't think she likes me. I mean... maybe a long time in the future but for now we're just friends."

But I was pretty sure she was wrong.