My mind can't help but wonder what else he does, he probably sells drugs, guns, kills people and maybe even traffics people.

The last one sends chills all over my body.

I don't get too far before he grabs my wrist and turns me to him.

"You're upset" he notes looking at me with guilt.

Of course I am but it's what he does, I won't have this argument.

"Let go of my hand I want to take a nap please." I say taking a step back to maintain some distance with my hand still in his grip.

sleep became my escape whether it's because I am tired, having cramps, nauseous, or in a bad mood.

"you should know that I don't kill people without a reason." He says, i don't know what's his point to be honest.

"Okay".

I mentally cringe at my response but I really don't know what to say and don't want to have this argument.

Killing is killing unless it's accidental or for defense purposes.

"I promise not to kill anyone, that's all I could do now." He promises.

"Don't give promises you can't keep ace." I say knowing in general that when things get taken care of in his lifestyle it's always bloody and murderous.

"I know, and I'm keeping this one at all costs." He kisses my forehead.

I close my eyes not knowing how to feel about his lips on my forehead.

Those are the same lips that were on mine multiple times, the same lips that ordered to have people killed or shipped.

I step back again wanting to put some space between us, my thoughts are battling making my head chaotic.

I need to sleep.

I remove my wrist from his grip and walk to the bed silently still trying to figure out how I feel.

"Nessa." Ace calls me as he walks to the bed as well.

"Yes?".

" I know what I do is hard for you to accept but I want you to know that I intend to keep my promise.".

I look at him silently and watch as he approaches me.

he puts his hand on my stomach and mumbles something in Italian before standing up to leave.

"I have to leave..." he looks at me "ti amo.".

she is upset, I hate that what I do makes her feel bad but I have to

I was born, raised, and meant to do this.

I promised not to kill anyone and I will keep it. It's the least I could do after everything I've done.

I've been busy with the men in the borders of Mexico and barely had time to spend with her these last 2 days.