We became relieved after hearing his words. We stayed in the hospital to see Nandini. It was ten at night, so mom asked Mukthi, Tarak and navya bhabhi to leave for home as Kiara was alone there.

After 30 minutes a nurse came and informed, "The patient regained consciousness. You can see her without disturbing."

We all entered and saw her hand and leg were put on a cast and her face had some scratches. She was in the bed with a blank face. Ragini aunty immediately hugged Nandini and cried, "are you fine, bachaa? Why are always scaring us like this? Please be careful. I can't see you suffering like this. Your Papa was-"

Nandini pushed her away and started screaming, "Leave me. Go outside. I don't need you. Everyone leave me alone. I want nobody to worry about me."

Then mom tried to console her, "Nandini calm down. You are stressing yourself." Then Nandini pushed away all the things near her and cried out, "everyone get out and leave me alone."

Then the nurse told us to go out. We all went out. Ragini aunty started crying. Through the glass door, I saw Nandini crying inside the room. Several questions bombarded in my mind to which I had no answers.

Then after fifteen minutes, a person came and asked about Nandini. His face was familiar to me but I couldn't recognise him immediately. "Where is she?" asked the person to Ram uncle. Ram uncle just pointed his hands at Nandini's room. Without any delay, he went inside.

When he got inside he called, "NANDU?"

Then Nandini shouted "Bhai!!" then I realised he was Abhimanyu murthy, Ram uncle's son. Nandini encircled her hands around him and cried her heart out, "bhai ask everyone to leave me alone. I don't want them to be here. He is also here. Why did he come back?"

"Heyy...shhh....your bhai is here. No one is here. I have got you." Abhimanyu cooed and stroked her hair. After few minutes, He pulled her away and wiped her tears. He helped her to lay down on the bed and asked her to take a rest. She gripped his hands tightly and uttered in a shaky voice, "Please don't leave me alone."

He whispered caressing her head, "Close your eyes and sleep. I am here only. I am not going anywhere leaving you alone." I was amazed to see them. Mom, dad and bhai held the same expressions as mine. Ragini aunty was crying, hugging ram uncle who was holding her. I saw two unfamiliar faces, a girl and a man. The girl was crying while the boy had a restless face.

After some time Abhimanyu came outside and asked that unfamiliar girl to sit near Nandini for some time. He went near his parents and took them to a private area.

After few minutes, he came alone and asked that unfamiliar man to leave the hospital asap. Then he came near me and said, " you're manik right?" I nodded. He continued, "I am Abhimanyu, Nandini's brother. Can she stay at our home till she recovers? Just now I went to meet the doctor. He said she may suffer a lot emotionally. Traumatic memories from the accident can trigger her long-term mental and emotional health conditions and she may require more than just a few visits to the doctor. I want to take care of her, so can I take her to our home?" I stood there stunned because I didn't expect him to ask me that. I just saw my mom for answers, she nodded her head.

I replied to him, "she can stay at your house till she recovers." He smiled and went to talk with my parents. I asked mom and dad to leave for home. Mom refused that but I assured her I will call her if there is an emergency. I and Cabir bhai stayed at the hospital.

By 4 in the morning, we heard a scream from Nandini's room. When we both got inside, we saw Nandini crying in Abhimanyu's arms. After few minutes he calmed her and she slept. We three went outside and sat in the waiting area.