3

Spencer's attention is on Morgan's phone,  watching a series with headphones in, cuddling against Morgan who doesn't comment anything and just lets Hotch do his presentation of things that need to be done today and review of their last case but he can see the glances that hush over his boy every ones in a while.

He had considered telling JJ when she was pregnant and worried that something is wrong while he knew it's normal and that Madeline had the same problem but then went with the lie that he just researched some stuff because he wanted to calm her nerves.

Carefully he takes Spencer's hand out of Spencer's mouth. He isn't suppose to chew on it, he always does, there is hardly anything that gets away with not being chewed.

When Spencer was a kid he would chew on Morgan's tie, by now he has a necklace he can chew on so Morgan takes it out from under the boy's shirt and brings it up to his mouth.

The first thing the doctor told them when Spencer was diagnosed was that they will never do everything right and that there will be a lot of times that they accidentally hurt him and that happens and that is okay as long as they help him heal from it and what he especially mentioned is that no other parent knows Spencer like they will and that they will judge because that's what people do and that they should always listen to what their son needs not what people think is right and they really fast found that to be true.

If they let him read it's wrong because they don't let him be a child, if they let him play on the phone its wrong because he is to young. If they let him have Captain Tony everywhere they are stopping him from growing up, if they don't they force him to grow up to quick.

And while Madeline by now has a pretty thick skin Morgan is often insecure about it but would never do something that hurts him just to keep others satisfied. His son will grow up in the way it's best for him not how other people want him too.

"Done" He quietly says when the episode is over and Morgan taps a new one for him to watch until the meeting is done.

Sometimes Spencer is quiet for hours with this if necessary but some days he won't even sit through ten minutes while Morgan is in the shower.

"I think that's about it." Hotch says closing his folder. "Are there any more things we need to discuss?"

"Yes, when did Morgan became a father? Like was it a spontaneous thing or did you just, I don't know, lie to us for a couple of years." Emily asks pointing with her pen at Spencer and Morgan knows she hides her disappointment behind the sarcasm.

And of course now Spencer decides that his show is boring and he takes his headphones off, looking around the room and his eyes stay on Garcia. Looking at the colourful outfit and the little monsters she wears as earrings. He looks at Morgan and then leans over to come closer to them.

"Well he can't deny that it is his son when he immediately has eyes for Garcia."

"He is and he has been for the last six years." He puts his phone and headphones on the table and puts an arm around Spencer's stomach so he can lean forward to feel Garcia's earring. "Careful baby, if you pull at it, it will hurt her."

"Six?" Questioning Rossi looks at the small child.

"He didn't exactly get the hight of his father."

"Or skin colour for that matter."

"Well he is mine if you are indicating that." He shuts JJ down. "Spencer careful"

"Squishy" He points at them for Morgan to feel too and the man follows his wishes.

"Like your little turtle"

"Turtle" Spencer leans back again and grabs the little turtle that is together with his tiny wallet that contains a few dollars in case his mother forget to pack his lunch and emergency numbers, with help of a snap hook attached to his pants. "Like your little turtle" He detaches it from the hook and then holds it up. "A turtle's shell is not an exoskeleton." And then squishes it which makes the turtle stick it's head out.

"That's a new turtle fun fact who told you?"

"Mrs Anderson"

"Is Mrs Anderson your teacher?" JJ asks him to show interest in the kid's life.

"Turtles are the oldest animals around." He tells her. "Turtles have a second shell" He continues. "Turtles aren't silent. Turtles make little barking noises."

"You know quite a lot about turtles."

"Don't-"Morgan tries to stop JJ but Spencer is quicker.

"There are 356 species of turtles on the world. The rarest turtle is the Yangtze giant softshell turtle only three of them still exist on the world. Generally the different types of turtles are often being broke down to three main groups. Land turtles, aquatic turtles and marine turtles. The smallest turtle is bug turtle it's even smaller than this one, it grows between 4 to 4.5 inches." While Hotch cracks a smile the others are quite amazed and Morgan leans forward, hugging his son and stopping him.

"Breathe" Spencer takes it literally and takes a deep breath and then continues his ramble until he is satisfied by the information he has given and Morgan uses the small break of thinking about what he had missed to stop him. "That's enough about turtles."

"I forgot-"

"Later alright? They know now everything about turtles and nothing about you." Morgan tells him and Spencer isn't sure what to do with the information and just purses  his lips playing with the turtle in his hand.

"Who is the friend you brought?" Emily asks alluding to his stuff animal.

"Who is the friend you brought? Dad." He leans back reaching up making Morgan smile. "Dad brought me to work today."

"That is nice off day from school." Rossi tells him not knowing why Spencer is really here. "Did your dad already show you around?"

"We haven't had the chance yet."

"What do you say we start at my office? It's filled with stuff." Garcia asks and Spencer scoops closer, intimidated by so many people talking to him.

"I think Spencer and I are going to start with the paperwork and then after lunch we see what we can find interesting in the building."

"Paperwork!" The boy says excited making the others laugh and quickly he slips down from the chair pulling at his dad's hand.

Paperwork with his father and rarely with his mother means he reads a book and they do their actual work but his paperwork is noting everything important down from the book.

"I am coming" Quickly Morgan shoves his phone back into his pocket and grabs Spencer's speech book and backpack while the boy takes his giraffe and quickly they can be seen at Morgans desk.

Spencer sitting on it crossed legs with a book in his hand and headphones on while Morgan does his work. His phone next to him for any news on Madeline.

The others can feel their hearts meld at the sight. Spencer's tongue sticking slightly out,the book in his tiny hands. His curls going everywhere in every direction from under the headphones.

"He's got a smart one that's for sure."