𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

Gold hunters?

guys I'm fine don't worry

seen by barking blond

Wow. Not even one second later.

I put my phone on Do Not Disturb and set it back down, turning over and finally closing my eyes in an attempt to sleep.

•••

"Addy. Addy!" Teeny whisper shouts, leaning over my sleeping body.

The morning light from the window shines in, a beam directly in my eyes.

"Wha- what?" I move my arm over my eyes, allowing the darkness to swallow me again.

"They're home." She says with fear.

No. No, no, no. They weren't supposed to be back until tonight.

"No, they're not. You're joking." I say, leaning up and resting on my elbows.

She shakes her head quickly. "No. They're downstairs. They got back early." She whispers.

I mean over and check my phone, only to see that it's 6:45 AM.

Oh God, it's too early for this.

"Shit." I stand up, tucking my messy hair behind my ears and heading to the stairs.

The closer I get to the first floor the more fear that overcomes my body.

"Teeny! Where's the pizza from the other day?" I hear mom yell, her voice sending an instant shiver down my spine.

I reach the end of the stairs and turn the corner into the kitchen to see dad scrolling on his phone, and mom searching through the fridge.

They look exactly the same. Except they both seem a lot shorter. Mom still has that same pony rail

"We ate it all." I say flatly.

Dads eyes dart up to me and we make complete eye contact. Instead of a hug or warm embrace like one might expect from a parent, I got a confused look and a mutter of what I think might be curse words.

Moms body jolts up from her crouching position and immediately turns to face me. Her eyes begin to tear up as she brings her hand slowly up to her face, covering her open mouth.

"Addy..?" Her voice barely lets out.

I roll my eyes. It's not like she missed me or anything. She shouldn't be the one crying.

She took small steps forward, slowly, as if she was scared to approach me.

Good.

She slowly raised her hand to my face, cupping my cheek and running her thumb along my jaw.

"Don't touch me." I say quietly, lightly pushing her hand away.

She stays quiet and takes a step back, now backing into the dirty tile countertop.

"See that the attitude hasn't changed." Dad chimes in. I look over to see him grabbing a beer out of the fridge.