𝘀𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮, 𝗵𝘂𝗵

ok guys, quick little note:

I'm writing this on a laptop right now because I don't currently have access to my phone. I prefer writing on my phone because I make less mistakes. So I'm just warning u all that there may be some mistakes

ok, thats all :)

~

jj

I drove back to the Château in complete silence. I'm surprised I even made it back unharmed, considering I was going about 90 the whole time.  Never put an angry JJ behind a steering wheel.

The Château was empty, so I had the place all to myself.

I remember once, about two years ago, Zia was looking for some type of spice or something, and stumbled across where Big John kept all of his liquor. She never told us where it was, but I knew it was there.

That's what I need right now.

I set down my backpack and walk to the kitchen. I skip looking around the room, and begin to open and close all of the cabinets.

There was nothing but bags of Cheetos and half-way empty Sprite bottles in most of the cabinets. I get to the last cupboard, and yank it open.

And there it was. Bottles and bottles of liquor. Some were completely full, and some almost empty. I reach in and look through them.

I see a full bottle of dark whiskey, from 1935.

This is the good shit.

I grab the bottle and don't bother grabbing a cup, immediately screwing off the lid and taking a sip. The thick liquor flowing down my throat.

Yep, it's the good shit.

"JJ!" I hear a familiar boys voice yell from the kitchen doorway.

"Jesus!" I jump, and almost drop the bottle. I whip around, only to see Pope standing in the doorway. 

"Don't sneak up on me like that, man." I tell him, pulling out a chair and sitting down at the dining room table, practically slamming the bottle down on the table.

Pope walks forward, and grabs the bottle, examining the label.

"1935, huh? Argument with Zia, I'm guessing." Pope sets the bottle back down and sits in the chair across from me.

"Nope, just an argument with some stranger." I shake my head and wrap my hand around the bottle.

"She's not a stranger, JJ. She's our-" Pope tries to reason.

"She's what?! What is she?! I'll tell you what she is, she's a liar." I shout.

The Pogues never really had a reaction to my yelling. They always just sat there and let me go, keeping their heads down and avoiding eye contact, like I was a dangerous Lion or something. Like any sudden movement would make me pounce.

"Okay, JJ. I guess, sure, she lied but that doesn't mean that-" Pope begins.

"No, Pope! It means she's a liar! She's someone who fucking lied to me for three fucking years! And she did it like it was nothing!" I scream.

"JJ, shut up!" Pope shouts, lifting his head up from his lap and looking right at me.

That's new.

"Sure, she lied. But she had damn good reason to. And if you were in that situation, I'm positive that you would do the same thing. And no, we don't know all of the details yet, but when we do I'm sure that you'll forgive her. Or you won't. Either way, she's a Pogue. Liar or not, she's one of us. And she always will be." Popes voice is somewhere between yelling and a normal tone. Before I had a chance to reply, Pope slams his hands on the table and gets up. He walks towards the front door.