𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗱𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗵𝗲𝗿

Im sorry.
•••

zia

"Look, look man. I can walk myself." JJ says to the security guard that's escorting us out.

He is definitely tipsy.

"I got legs, you see that brother?" JJ says loudly, causing some guests to turn their heads and stare.

Whispers and gasps begin to surface, and I know they're talking about JJ and I.

"JJ." I say quietly, trying to get him to calm down and not cause a scene.

"Mr Dunleavey! I see you got your drink!" JJ says happily to an old man with a glass of what seems to be whiskey sitting in front of him. "I'm actually gonna down that." JJ reaches forward and grabs the drink.

Bottoms up, I guess.

"What the hells the matter with him?" The old man asks.

"Sorry, sir." The guard apologizes while I try my best not to laugh.

"I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl. It's okay everybody! Do not panic! Leave it to the men and women in uniform!" JJ yells loud enough for everyone to hear.

I begin to laugh and start to look around, praying to God that Macy wasn't out here.

But, she is.

Macy has her wine glass in hand, and is giving me a look that reads "I don't want to know." I send her an apologetic smile.

"Let's hear it for them! Rose! You look like Lady Liberty!" JJ shouts, and not only do I bust out laughing, but Macy does too.

"Let go of them!" I hear a familiar voice boom from across the yard.

Kie is standing with her parents, all with an angry look on their faces. But Kies is definitely for a different reason.

Kies mother tries to intervene, but of course, Kie ignores her.

"I invited them here! You can't just boot them!" She yells at the guard. JJ takes this as his chance to escape, pushing the guard back into a table, almost knocking me over as he does so.

"Sorry about that! Z, you good?" He asks, watching as I brush the little bit of dust off my dress.

I nod and straighten back up.

"Hey! Mandatory Power hour at Rixon's! Kie, Pope! You as well, alright?" JJ yells.

"Z, let's go!" JJ grabs my hand and yanks me away, further towards the exit. A big smile comes across my face as I lift up my dress slightly to avoid stepping on it.

"Workers of the world unite! Throw off your chains!" He yells as we run through a crowded group of elders giving us weird and disapproving looks.

JJ and I run as Pope follows. I can hear Kies apologies and her parents protests.

JJ and I run towards the exit and meet John B.

"Colonel." JJ stands up straight and salutes him.

John B does the same. "Captain." He turns to me. "General."

"Colonel." I salute him with a smile.

"Mission accomplished, sir." JJ smiles.

"Later, losers!" John B shouts as we run into a grassy field, away from Midsummers, and towards God knows where. JJ runs in front of me as I catch up. He lifts me up and twirls me around, causing a laugh to escape from my mouth.