𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

A/N: I just wanna say thanks again for 1k reads 😁😁 anyways this chapter is gonna be a little different, just because it's gonna be written in third person omniscient so that way we can see what is going through Zias head and JJs during the fight, but after that it will go back to normal because I'm jot a huge fan of writing in third person 😭😭 but for the majority of it is gonna be first person 😁 this might be confusing 🥴 anyways enjoy!

OKAY OKAY ALSO: CAN YOU ALL PLEASE SAY HI TO @GGOLFWANG OK BECAUSE SHES READING AT I LITERALLY LOVE HER BOOKS SO MUCH AND IM SO HAPPY THAT SHES READING

AND ALSO @insecure_bad_bish IS FREAKING AMAZING OK THOSE COMMENTS SEND ME INTO FREAKING ORBIT

OK NOW U CAN READ

•••
zia

The black and white film plays on the projection screen while the OBX citizens watch, stuffing there faces with popcorn and candy and all sorts of junk.

I watch as the main character speaks to some governor in the big screen, but JJ and Pope catch my eye.

They stand up and slightly duck, careful to not mess up the watchers behind them.

"Hey, where the hell are you two going?" I ask.

"We gotta ring it out." JJ shrugs, continuing to walk away with Pope.

"You gonna hold it for eachother?" Kie asks, earning a laugh from me.

I watch as the two boys disappear behind the projector screen.

I turn my head again, only to see Rafe, Topper, and Kelce speed walking towards where JJ and Pope were.

Fucking. Great.

"Shit." I mutter, standing up from my seat.

"What?" Kie asks, gripping onto my shirt hem.

"I think this is the part where it goes down." I whisper, as I run off to where all of the boys were, Kie following behind me with JJs backpack.

I turn the corner of the projection screen, only to see JJ being held in a head lock by Kelce, and Rafe punching his face mercilessly. Pope was being chocked out by Topper, which Kie immediately attended to.

•••

narrators pov

Kie ran toward Topper and begins to hit him on the back with JJs bag, while Zia struggles to figure out what to do.

This was one of those times when she needed JJ to comfort her, but that obviously wasn't happening, considering the circumstances.

No. She thought. Quit relying on him.

Before Zia could think it over, she found herself punching Rafe right across the face.

Zia wasn't sure if she was helping JJ because she had caught feelings, or if it was because he was her friend, or if it was just the nice thing to do. Either way, she knew she would get hurt. But she didn't care, because it was for JJ.

"Z!" JJ shouts, his voice being hoarse from the chokehold he was in.

He loved seeing her be brave, because he knows how hard it is for her to do so sometimes.

JJ was.. is.. protective over Zia, but for good reason. If Kie were to get into some trouble, her rich parents could just pay it off and forget it ever happened. If Pope got into trouble, it would be all bad, considering he may lose his scholarship. And John B, well he can handle himself. But Zia?