"I said I should punch you in your face. But did I? I should be getting some type of praise for not actually doing it, because old Shantey would've."

               Tae scowled deeply. "You really think this about old or new Shantey. I don't give a fuck bout that. It's your mouth and lack of respect. I'm your husband. Not som' nigga you just fuckin. I give you respect as the mother of my children and my wife. Give me the goddamn same before I give you what you givin' me."

               With that, Tae leaves his wife standing there alone. She stood there for a second before retrieving the keys to her Cullinan and left. She drove nearly twenty minutes to her office building in Encino and found Amanda in her own office.

               "Hey, Ams." She greeted, plopping down on the teal suede couch and groaning.

               Just off her best friend's demeanor, Amanda knew what it was bothering her. "I take it Tavon still isn't talking to you."

               "No, he's not." Shantey leaned forward, groaning loudly. "This happened well over a week ago and he's still mad at me. If I would've known he would be this mad I should've just punched him in the fucking face."

               Amanda chuckled, shaking her head. "Do you not hear yourself? You say stuff like that and wonder why he's still pissed at you. He's not Dave. And that's how you're treating him. You need to learn how to respect your husband. Or really learn how to respect men period. We're so used to men that don't respect women. Allen fucked us up with that. But Tavon's not him or those other men. He loves you, wholeheartedly. And respects you. You owe him an apology. Stop being so damn hard all the time."

               Shantey blew out air, leaning back into the couch. "I know. I just hope I'm forgiven before this wedding in two days."

               "Better massage those jaws sweetheart."

               Shantey chuckled, switching topics of conversation. "So, I received a invitation from Arlene about the bachelorette party tomorrow night. Guess what the theme is."

               "Girl, what? It gotta be something freaky."

               "Dominatrix."

               Amanda clapped in approval. "Ooh! I knew she was a bougie freak. Leather, whips, gags—I love it. So that mean strippers will be there?"

               "I don't doubt it. I have to do my performance for that Hulu deal but I'll be there in time."

               "Tuh, I'm not showing up without you anyway."

               "Well, I knew that." Shantey chuckled shortly, "Anyways, are you ready to meet Ida?"

               "I am. . But I'm not ready to see my mother."

               Shantey arched a brow. "I thought she would come alone?"

               "She told me she feels more comfortable with Janis coming. I honestly hope I like her."