"after all the exams and special training, we can finally take it easy for once-"

"IM WINNING IZUKU!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!"

mineta, kaminari, tokoyami and kirishima feel wind breeze by them as you and izuku use your quirks to zoom past them. they all look at each other weirdly as they watch you gain on izuku and make it out the door before him.

"okay...what's up with those two?" mineta asks as he continues to brush his teeth.

you stop when you don't feel izuku's presence behind you. conveniently, you stop right beside shoto and bakugo who are surprisingly walking together. "morning you two. extra classes today?" you ask like you weren't just running many miles per hour so early in the morning.

"morning y/n. yes, we have classes today. what are you doing up so early?" shoto asks as him and bakugo look at you. "work study. waiting for izuku's slow ass." you say as you throw your hands behind you head.

"tch. don't brag about your stupid hero work with deku." bakugo complains.

"...he asked me what i was doing?"

"IM WINNING!"

you three feel a breeze swiftly pass you and you deadpan as you watch green lightning run in the distance. "what- no way in hell he's winning." you say as you activate your quirk.

"bye you two!" you say before taking off, a larger breeze whooshing the two as white lightning fades in the distance. they hear your laugh in distance and they assume you already passed izuku.

                                    ꧁꧂

"well this is it, sir nighteye's agency!" mirio says while pointing at the large building in front of you three. izuku immediately tenses up and you put your hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "easy now. take a breath and loosen up." you encourage.

"but not too loose, you know? cuz sir's uh.. actually a pretty strict guy." mirio warns. "he's known for being demanding on others as well as himself! his gaze is so harsh that it makes me shiver everytime! he looks so severe!" izuku squeaks.

"that's absolutely true. but there's a totally different side of him that the press never gets to see. if you wanna be acknowledged by him, here's a tip. there's one important thing you gotta do at this meeting. you gotta make him laugh!" mirio says.

you and izuku blankly stare at the third year in front of you. quickly looking at each other with confused looks, you and izuku process his warning. "laugh? as in 'haha'?" you double check. you've only met this guy once but you didn't think he'd have humor.

"wait hold on! what does that mean?!" izuku says as mirio lets you two in the building. "exactly what it sounds like! he seems stern but he really values humor for some reason." mirio explains. "the most i can do is introduce you two to him. sir's the one who'll decide if he can use you. i wish i could help more but that's all i got." mirio says as you three walk up the steps.

"you've done enough." you reassure.

"here we are!" mirio says while pointing at a door. "he's just behind this door! if you wanna get stronger, then walk on through!" you and izuku look at each other before you take the initiative and put your hand on the door knob.

open the door with confidence, you and izuku stand in the doorway with mirio right behind you. "hey! i brought rai and that first year i mentioned to you!" mirio greets.

what meets your eye makes you pause and widen your eyes. izuku seems to have the same reaction as you both watch a blue skinned girl get ticked while she's strapped down.