41

A cold breeze hit her face the second she stepped outside. It had turned dark and the further away she walked the more the sound of the musical inside of the school walls faded.

She put in her air-phones, trying to fade out the sound of her mind too, but it was too loud.

She had nothing left now. No friends, no Marcus, no nothing. Nobody truly cared for her and she didn't know if that was more freeing or devastating.

People always left her in one way or another, her dad, her mom, her friends, everyone. But, what if they hadn't left her? What if it was all her fault. They didn't leave she had lost them. Now, what was left to stop her from losing herself too?

The sound of whistling caught Amelia's attention, at first she thought it was part of the song but as she switched to another one it was still there. She took out her air-phones and stopped up only to hear footsteps behind her.

"Want a drag?" Peter's voice let out as he walked up to her side, holding out a plain cigarette with a smirk on his face. "Go ahead"

"No, I'm fine" Amelia responded faintly as she felt a knot in her stomach. She looked around her only to see nobody anywhere close.

"Alright" He shrugged casually. He seemed too relaxed.

She watched him cautiously as he put the cigarette up to his own mouth, taking a drag before he lowered it. For a second she thought he might have not been angry at her anymore, that was naive.

He took a grip of her arm before he took the end of his cigarette and pressed it against her skin, watching it intensely as she let out a cry of pain.

"Fucking psychopath!" She yelled out as he threw it on the ground only to reveal a burn mark where it was seconds before.

"Not only did that miserable fucking stoner leave bruises on my face so I had to come up with lies to my team and my family..." Peter started as he took a hold of her neck, shaking her. "But, you fucked him too, huh?"

Her face started to turn red as she started hitting his hands to signal she couldn't breathe but he only chuckled.

You thought it would be something more, huh?" He continued as he threw her onto the ground so harshly she could swear her ears started ringing. "You're so dumb, you should have known all he wanted was your body. Nobody wants anything else from someone like you"

He squatted down over her, completely emotionless as he repeatedly slapped her. However, while he was focusing on her face her fingers slipped into the pocket of his open jacket, taking out a lighter.

"You're nothing but a whore" He spat out, stopping up for a second to take in the mess he had created on her face.

She dug her nails into the bruising on his face causing him to get caught off guard and that's when she rolled them around so he was laying on the ground. Her knee now resting on his neck.

"It's really not been my day today. I've been called a lot of things and it's starting to get tiring" Amelia spoke out with a roll of her eyes as she watched him lay in complete shock underneath her.

Maybe it was the adrenaline or maybe it was the fact she had felt severely more numb after the fight with Max, but she was enjoying this.

"Oh, not so high and mighty now, are we?" She smiled weakly, his hands hitting her knee to try and get it off. She pressed it down harder. "But, hey, at least now you know how it feels like for me, I guess"

He was starting to turn red and so she lifted her knee for a second so he could catch some air. When he was done gasping like a fish he mumbled something but it was so low, she couldn't hear it.

"What was that?" Amelia questioned.

"Wait till I get you off me!" He let out in a raspy tone. "You'll regret this when I beat the shit out of you over and over again"

The flashbacks of him hitting her made their way into her brain again causing her knee to press down on his neck again. She lifted her left hand only to reveal his lighter within it and she opened it and flicked the flame in front of his face. "No, you'll regret ever hurting me"

She put the flame up to his jeans as they started taking fire, his feet were shaking but her knee on his throat caused him to be locked in place. She leaned in, a small smile on her face as she looked into his terrified eyes. "Can't get a football scholarship with injured legs right?"

She waited up until almost the entirety of his jeans was on fire before she got up, throwing the lighter beside him and walking home. She didn't turn around ones.