4

It was later in the day and Amelia sat by the desk in her room with her music blasting through her speaker. She was trying to do her homework, but she couldn't get herself to write down anything. Sometimes she wondered if she had the attention span of a goldfish, she couldn't focus for shit.

And, on top of that, she had agreed to go to Peter's football game. The thing was, she didn't feel like standing on the stands for hours, cheering and watching. She had already gone to every one of his games of this season so hopefully, it didn't matter if she missed one of them.

Her phone vibrated causing her to pick it up only to see she had gotten a message.

Marcus: Why so stressed?

Amelia looked up from her phone and turned her head towards the window only to see Marcus standing in his, looking directly at her.

Amelia: Why such a creep?

Her attention landed back up at him again only to see him smiling at his phone before his fingers started typing out something.

Marcus: Want to get high? You look like you need it

Amelia: Thanks...

She rolled her eyes at him which he only returned with a raise of his eyebrows. She started typing again.

Amelia: I'll be down in a minute

She got up from her chair before she headed for the door and down the stairs. In the living room, her mother was drunkenly dancing to a song, completely in her own world. She slipped past her and out the front door without making a sound.

On the sidewalk, in between their houses, Marcus already sat looking rather peaceful. She took a deep breath before she walked up to him and sitting down beside him. His head turned towards her instantly and she was reminded of how close they were a couple of hours ago and how she felt.

Her eyes traveled up to something laying on top of his ear and a smile grew on her face. "I'll take that"

She took her hand up and grabbed the blunt causing him to let out a small laugh. "Suit yourself"

She needed to feel a bit calmer, she usually didn't feel nervous around him at all. He was one of the people she was most comfortable with, but this time it was different.

"Light it up, will you?" She questioned as she put the blunt up to her lips.

He took his hand into his pocket and pulled out a lighter. He moved closer as he put it up to the tip of the blunt, his eyes staying on hers as he lighted it.
She took a long drag before inhaling and exhaling.

She took a second puff before she handed it
back to him.

She started to feel a head rush after a couple of seconds, she felt a lot more relaxed. She looked over to see Marcus take taking several more puffs of it than she did. He had a higher tolerance.

As she looked at him she noticed how defined his jawline was and how beautiful his hair was. She had noticed a lot of things lately.

She felt the need to lay down a so she laid her head in his lap which made him look down at her with a subtle smile. He took another puff before he put the blunt up to her mouth, she leaned up slightly before taking another drag.

"So, are you going to tell me why you were so stressed?" He questioned curiously.

"Nope" She chuckled before her eyes moved over to the bike she noticed earlier that day. "What's the point of buying a bike if you don't have your license yet?"

"Because I was hoping I could give you a ride sometime" He joked with a flirty undertone to it, his eyes burning into her skin.

"You're charming, you know that?" She let out as she hid her head in his chest. She didn't know if it was the weed or her blushing but she didn't like any of those options.

"Of course I know"

"And, incredibly cocky..." She continued.

"That's what you like the most about me" He grinned as she glanced up at him and he down at her.

"Yeah, right" She scrunched her nose in fake disgust before she started to laugh.

When her laugh had stopped up the atmosphere around them turned completely silent, it was as if they were the only people in a miles distance, which in some ways they were. And, as she looked into his light brown eyes she decided to do something she had secretly wanted to the entire day.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she leaned in, closing the gap in between them, their lips meeting. He didn't kiss back for a second, probably in shock. Then, he gave into it. Their kiss only deepened as he put his cold hand up to her face, and his other one onto her waist. His lips were so soft against her own, everything about the moment seemed perfect.

But, then she remembered.

She broke the kiss, pushing him away and getting up on her feet. As she looked down at him he looked as shocked as she was feeling. What had she done?

"Shit..." She let out in panic as she backed away. "I shouldn't have done that. I should go"

She turned her back to him as she started to nearly run to her house. She could hear him yell her name but she didn't have the guts to turn around after what she just did.

As she got into the house she went directly into the living room where her mother was still dancing foolishly. She went past her and into the alcohol cabinet that already was open.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I need a drink" She smiled falsely as she poured herself a glass of vodka.