19

As Amelia and Peter walked hand in hand into the school she noticed several students in outfits which caused her to realize it was Halloween this weekend. She had failed to notice all the decorations around her neighborhood, too preoccupied with her thoughts.

Well, at least she was dressed as a part of the football team thanks to Peter.

As her eyes traveled over to the lockers she noticed Max standing by hers, she was dressed in a casual devil costume.

"I'll see you at lunch" Amelia breathed out as she let go of Peter's hand and gave him a small kiss on the cheek before she made her way over there.

She made a halt right in front of her causing Max to look up from her phone slightly puzzled.

"Fitting costume" She smiled weakly as she leaned onto one of the lockers, looking her up and down before her eyes landed on the devil horns.

"Thanks?" Max responded hesitantly, not knowing if it was a compliment or an insult.

"Look, I came over here to say I forgive you" She let out suddenly with a sigh.

"Wait, really?" She said as she adjusted her composure, a slightly shocked facial expression appearing on her face. She thought it would take weeks for her to forgive her considering the mess she had made.

"Yeah, it's not your fault, you couldn't have known I hadn't told Peter about everything" She continued sincerely.

Anybody else who had been in a relationship with their boyfriend for almost a year probably would tell them, so she couldn't blame Max for thinking so.

She also felt it was wrong to hold it so strongly against her when she had been hiding a secret from her that was far worse than what she had done.

"Well, thank god you forgive me! I couldn't imagine spending Halloween without you" She squealed as she wrapped her arms around her excitedly.

She had missed this. Something made her think distancing herself from Max and the rest of GAMAN wasn't just because of what she had done, that was all an excuse. The real reason was because of all she was struggling with she didn't feel like she deserved to have friends.

She took of Peter's football jacket and threw it in her locker before she turned to Max again. She would just throw it on before lunch again so he wouldn't see it. No biggie.

"Gosh, that top looks gorgeous on you. Sometimes I wonder why it isn't you I have a crush on" She let out jokingly with her mouth wide open.

She almost responded with — it's enough having to deal with your brother all over me. But, she stopped herself just in time.

"You think?" She said happily as she looked down at her lace top. Her reaction was the complete opposite of the first one she got when they saw what she was wearing.

"Yes, you look like an absolute goddess, and that matching eyeshadow is just sugar on top" She continued hyping her up with a dramatic tone to her voice.

"Well, thank you" She smiled brightly as she slung her arm over Max's shoulders, the both of them starting to walk down the hallway. "Talking about having a crush on someone, any updates on that front?"

She always seemed to have a new crush every other week.

"Yeah, her name's Sophie, she's a senior" She responded casually, playing it cool.