Revelations Galore

Start from the beginning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cordelia had announced a dinner that night for the girl's to attend in honor of Mallory. All the members of the Council were there, Madison and Myrtle having returned earlier in the day. Others in attendance included Coco, Behold Chablis and another elderly witch named Bubbles McGee. Cordelia sat at one head of the table, Mallory sitting at the other. Angel was sitting to the left of her, next to Zoe.

The brunette had been quiet all day after Cordelia privately announced to her that she was the next Supreme. Angel had tried to raise her spirits in any way she could and while her girlfriend appreciated the thought, she just wasn't able to be happy. She held Mallory's hand under the table and rubbed her thumb over her knuckles in an attempt to soothe her.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Coco asked her friend.

She shook her head, "I just feel weird. I don't want to rise if it means Miss Cordelia has to fall." She said lowly, glancing at the woman and her girlfriend. She knew how much the current Supreme meant to the blonde, and she felt awful that she was inadvertently taking that away from her.

"Don't ever be ashamed of who you are, Mallory." Cordelia said from across the table, "This is how it's always worked. And when the time does come, I will be heartened to know that you will be the one to lead this coven." She spoke earnestly.

"But I'm not dead yet." She joked, "And there are more tests to be passed. So please, drink up." She chuckled at the end of her speech, raising her glass of white wine.

"Cheers." Everyone clinked their glasses with the person next to them, Mallory reluctantly clinking her against Angel's when she gave her a pleading look. Everyone was amused, except for Behold.

"How can you witches sit around here casually sipping wine when people are going to die?" He asked dubiously. The chatter died down around the table, "There's an Antichrist on the loose, trying to destroy the world." He said irritated.

"Yes, and let's not forget who aided in his ascension." Myrtle replied.

"Yeah. I know. I'm guilty." He said, looking at everyone around the table, "But now we know what he's capable of. Madison and I saw firsthand the people he hurt. His own family. Michael was born evil. We've got to stop him." Madison silently nodded in agreement.

"And we will." Cordelia affirmed, "But tonight we are celebrating. Because this could be the last time we'll all be together. I'm not naïve, Behold." She shook her head, "I know damn well the challenges we'll be facing. I've known for some time. It forced me to do something I vowed I would never do. And it almost killed me." She paused, thinking back on the revival of Myrtle and the injury she sustained from it, "I knew I had to do everything in my power to prepare you girls for what was coming. And now that we are united and ready... it's time to fire the first shot."

Dinner had concluded shortly thereafter, Cordelia announcing that Zoe, Angel, and Myrtle, along with Mallory and Coco would all be heading back out to California with her the next day. They had all departed to their rooms, Mallory joining the other two for a moment.

Angel collapsed onto her bed with a dramatic sigh, "I could never see California again and I would die happy. I'm so tired of flyin' out there." She placed her sunglasses on her nightstand and pulled herself into a seated position. Mallory sat beside the blonde and leaned her head on her shoulder as Zoe went into the bathroom, leaving to take a shower.

Angel placed a kiss on Mallory's hairline, "Are you nervous?" She murmured against her skin.

"For what?" She dumbly asked.