Repaying Her Debt

Angel had eventually wandered into the kitchen later that day, finally deciding to listen to Cordelia's advice. Despite not having eaten in a few days, she didn't have much of an appetite and she really didn't feel like socializing with anyone in the house so she simply grabbed an apple. She was about to head back upstairs when she heard agonized screaming coming from the greenhouse out back.

She raced outside, making her way towards the painful screams. She dropped her apple in shock once she took in the scene. Crouched down in front of the wooden table in the greenhouse was Cordelia, a bloody pair of shears in front of her.

"Miss Cordelia!" Angel exclaimed, racing over and kneeling beside the blonde. She placed her hands on the woman's wrists trying to pull Cordelia's hands away from her face but once she did, she wished she hadn't. Blood was leaking from both of Cordelia's eyes, the wounds clearly self-inflicted. And I thought I had a bad history with shears.

"Myrtle! Myrtle, come quick!" Angel shouted above Cordelia's cries. She wanted to help but she honestly didn't know what to do. "Shh, it's gonna be okay, Miss Cordelia." She looked around the room trying to find a clean cloth to place over the woman's eyes in an attempt to stop the bleeding. After no such luck, she simply pulled her shirt over her head and bunched it up, delicately placing it over Cordelia's eyes. She was careful not to apply too much pressure in fear of harming the woman further. "Miss Cordelia, why would you do this to yourself?" She asked, not really expecting a response. She just couldn't help but ask the question as it was burning on the tip of her tongue.

"I needed my sight back." She replied, her voice a hoarse whisper. "My visions, I..." She trailed off. Her hands were shaky as she grabbed onto the girl's forearms, supporting her weight as the pain was overwhelming, threatening to fully bring her to her knees.

Angel didn't understand what that meant. Cordelia had sight thanks to Myrtle. Now, after blinding herself she's wishing for her vision?

Finally, after her cries, Myrtle raced into the greenhouse. She gasped at the sight before her. "Oh, Delia! What have you done?! And where is your shirt, young one?" She asked, crouching beside the two.

"She blinded herself and there were no clean rags in here. I didn't want to leave her to go find one." Angel told the redhead, "Somethin' about needin' 'her sight back'?"

Myrtle sighed sadly and helped the older blonde up. "Lead her up to her room." She directed the young girl. "I'm going to make something quickly to help the healing process."

Angel nodded, "Come on, Miss Cordelia." She carefully led Cordelia out of the greenhouse and back into the academy. She made sure to take the staircase slowly, opening the woman's bedroom door once they made it to the top. She sat Cordelia on her bed and told her to remain there as she ran back out of the room, going to a nearby linen closet to find fresh towels. She grabbed a few and made her way back into the room, placing a few of them on a nearby chair before soaking a washcloth in water from the bathroom sink and heading back over to Cordelia's side.

"Move your hands, Miss Cordelia. I'm gonna to try and wipe the excess blood away." She told the woman, "I promise to be careful. Let me know if I'm hurtin' you."

Cordelia nodded and lowered the bloody shirt away from her eyes. Angel grimaced at the sight of her damaged eye sockets but put her disgust aside as she began wiping away the blood tracks that were running down her face. As she made her way closer to her eyes, she decided to use a dabbing motion instead of swiping- she knew that would hurt more. She flinched away when Angel applied too much pressure near her former blue eye; she apologized profusely but continued on, even more aware of her movement's near the blonde's grotesque eyes.