I cry myself to sleep (watty awards 2011)

ok everyone this is my first story so here it goes. I hope you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter one    (little girl's pov)

I remomber that night like it was yesterday. I was only five at the time. I was in bed asleep when suddenly I woke up. I looked at the clock and saw my clock blinking in that bright red 3:00 am. Then I remembered why I woke up. I had woken up to a gunshot. I looked out my window and saw that my dad had arrived home while I was asleep. I got out of bed and jumped when my bare feet hit the cold wooden floor. Then I went to the my giant toy chest at the foot of my bed. I then opened the secret door if the secret compartment in the bottem of the chest. I am not scared of spiders or spider webs like the ones I could make out in the darkness of the chest, but I was scared of my dad. I slowly squeesed though the small opening of the door and barely fit inside. I must of grown sience the last time a had been in there. Slowly and without letting it make even the slightest noise I closed the secret door.  Just moments later I herd my fathers deep loud footsteps of my father. a few more seconds later he quietly opened the door, but not without letting it sqeek letting me know that he had entered the room. he looked for me and after not finding me he cursed loudly in a deep drunken voice. He then stormed out of the room. I did not come out for fear that he might come back. I then fell asleep.

When I woke up I saw sunlight streaming though the cracks of the chest's secret compartment. I slowly opened the door pf the compartment. I wasn't as scared as I was that night beacause I knew that my dad would no longer be drunk, but that didnt mean that he wasnt a mean pearson. I crawled out and squinted in the sunshine.

After adjusting to the light I looked around, My father had ramsacked my room looking for me. He had looked every where but my toy chest. I got up and walked to my window. As i looked out my window I noted that my dad's prised possestion, his truk was gone. He wouldn't let it out of his sight wich means he was gone, and the house was safe. I don't know why he likes it beacause it's a rusty piece of junk.

I then decided to go look for my mom.

I picked my way through the the mess my dad had made in my room and made it to my door. I opend it and walked out into the hall. I looked in the bathroom wich is diagnal from my room. Nothing. I then looked in all the other rooms in the rest of the short hallway, with at the moment seemed realy long to me at the moment. I walked into the living room.

I looked around to see no one in the living room or kitchen.I walked towrd my parents bed room and opened the door quietly in case my mom was asleep. She wasn't in there, but I did notice some rope. We must be going on the camping trip that we take every summer to get away from my dad. There were only a few days till school get's out.

I walked out to my living room and looked at my dad's work shop door. When my dad's not drunk he spends his time in there making enough money to help pay the bills. Me and my mom aren't alowd to go in there, but my mom does anyway. She dosn't let me go in ther either thoe because she say's it's too dangerous for a little girl to be in there. So I just keep watch for my dad so she doesnt get in touble whith him. That is how I got my chest, my mom made it for me. She was a very skilled and beutiful women.

I went to the door and listened to see if I could here my mom. Terrified I turned the handle and opened the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agian I hope you like it. Give me tips and ideas please. also vote and vote and vote for me thnx.

~Gcnerdgirl~