2 8 | s u n s e t

Start from the beginning

"Should I take a picture of you?" She asked.

"No thanks." I said and sat down.

"Come on, don't you want memories of this trip?" She asked.

"I don't like to be in pictures." I said honestly.

"Just one. My family needs to know I wasn't wandering in Seattle all alone." She said.

I knew she won't stop perstering until I have given up. "Fine." I sighed and crossed my legs, making a serious face at the camera. 

"Why do you look like someone has kidnapped you? Smile!" She said.

"Ugh, fine." I said and tried to smile. She chuckled at my face and I straightened up in embaraassment. "See, I don't have a pretty smile like you."

She stopped to process the word but fortunately, she chose to ignore them. "You have a nice smile. Just, act natural." She said.

"I'm trying." I said and tried to smile again.

"Better." She said and clicked a picture.

Then she sat down beside me to show me the picture she had clicked, without realising how close she was sitting. Her hair was practically tickling my nose and urging me to take a long sniff.

"How is it?" She asked.

"Great." I said, not bothering to look at the picture because I knew I wasn't photogenic at all. Instead, my focus was on her as she leaned against my arm, her delicious scent wafting in the air around me.

She turned off the camera and then once again rolled around in her seat to face the water.

°°°°°°°°°°°

• n o o r •

We had been in the yacht for half an hour now. Everything about this view was perfect. The water, the sunlight, the cool breeze blowing, everything except my husband who seemed to be a little grumpy today. Who wouldn't melt at a view like this?

Maybe he wishes he was here with someone else, someone named Hayat maybe. The thought churned my stomach and I held back a groan. Who cares if he isn't enjoying? I can do it on my own pretty well.

With that thought in mind, I stood up and carefully walked over to the side deck to have a clear view of the water. My hands itched to touch the water but it wasn't possible because the yacht was pretty high. So I kept standing and looking over the refreshing blue water.

"Hi." Faaris reached behind me.

"Hi." I replied.

"Enjoying yourself?" He asked as he towered over me from behind.

"Yeah. You wouldn't know." I said, rolling my neck to look at him.

"What does that mean?" He asked, cocking his head.

"Are you here by choice? Or are you here just to fulfill your duties towards me?" I asked.

"Noor---"

"Or did you want to be here with someone else? Someone other than your wife?" I added and then cringed at my own tone.

Faaris stared at the captain, who seemed to be focused on his work. He then put his arms on both my sides, caging me in. My mouth fell open at his sudden action and I tried to move away but ended up bumping hard against his chest.

"What are you doing?" I asked in surprise.

"My wife, huh?" He said and my cheeks reddened in embarassment. He lowered his face in a way that it ended up right next to mine. His breath tickled the side of my cheeks, making goosebumps appear on my skin. "Let me tell you something wife, if I don't want to do something, I won't do it for anyone. That means whatever I do related to you, it's by my own choice. Understood?"