Unfortunately, our respite on the couch didn't last long as Minji's phone interrupted us. Answering the call, she sat up straight and spoke in a serious voice, which made me quiet.

"Yes, Ryujin, I'm listening," she said, catching my gaze. After a brief conversation, she hung up and sank back onto the couch, asking, "Well, another student, are you convinced it was purely business communication?" with a hint of irony.

"Very funny," I replied, but my discontent was interrupted by a message on my phone. Hmm, interesting. Moreover, it seemed to pique Minji's curiosity as well.

"Now home! Where are you?!"

Yes, it was my mom. Should I respond? No, thank you. I didn't see the point in doing so.

"Parents?" Minji asked, sensing everything from my expression.

"Yes," I replied, confirming her suspicions.

"You're not going to answer?" I detected uneasiness in her voice.

"No, and I won't go back there," I said, tossing the phone aside.

"I won't push you, baby, but I'm ready to talk to your mother," she said with a serious and emotional tone, never taking her eyes off me.

"Let's not talk about parents? Let's go have some tea. I'm hungry," I suggested, getting up from the couch.

"We just had breakfast?" Minji expressed surprise but followed me into the kitchen.

"I'm a student, and students are supposed to be hungry all the time," I said contentedly.

Minji smiled as she went to the stove to put the kettle on, and I wasted no time in walking up to her, hugging her and placing my hands on her stomach. Once she finished with the kettle, she turned to face me and returned the embrace. It felt so nice and warm with her. I could feel her hands resting on my lower back, causing goosebumps to rise, which one might think would diminish since we were almost always together, but apparently, I was insatiable when it came to her.

"I want to go with you to a desert island, so that it's just you and me," I whispered.

"I'm afraid we won't have time to go to a desert island, but we can go somewhere closer," Minji said, gently pushing me so she could look into my eyes.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my voice filled with worry.

"More than serious. You passed your exams, you have a week of vacation, and I can rearrange my schedule. The only thing that could go wrong is the tickets," Minji explained.

"So, are you suggesting we leave tomorrow?" I asked, finding it hard to believe my luck.

"Sometimes it's not so crazy, puppy!" Minji chuckled.

"Where are we going?" I couldn't hide my excitement, and Minji smiled back at me.

"You can choose," she said.

"Well, since a desert island is out of the question, how about a place where we can get lost in each other's company?" I mused aloud.

"Then let's go. I'll show you Seoul from the inside," Minji suggested.

"By the way, I haven't been to Seoul yet," I said, my smile refusing to fade away.

"Then we'll go, but for now, I'm going to read Ryujin's article. You can look for train tickets and make the purchase. Okay?"

After happily kissing Minji, I rushed to the bedroom where I spotted a netbook.

I achieved my goal: I booked two round-trip tickets, ensuring that they were side by side, which was important.