CHAPTER 34.

Fu Rong used the chopsticks to cut the dumpling in her bowl in half and picked up the shrimp inside to feed it to her younger brother. As she took the chopsticks back, she realized that her father was looking at her with a hesitant and worried expression. When she looked over, her father immediately smiled, "Don't only think of feeding him. You should also eat. If you are well fed at home, you won't be so hungry outside, and won't eat stall food that isn't clean."

His worry for her was natural, so she probably was overthinking just now.

Fu Rong knew that her father was worried that the people he had arranged would make a mistake and accidentally hurt her. She couldn't remember how many times her father had reminded her today. She felt a little irritated that he didn't trust her, but also satisfied.

Before returning to Fuqu Courtyard, Fu Rong walked to her father, smiling as she asked him, "If daddy is worried, then why not go with us?"

Fu Pinyan looked at her helplessly, "You kids are going out to play, why should I follow?"

Fu Rong analyzed him from up to down, suppressing her laughs and saying, "You can shave your beard. Then, who would know if you are my father or older brother?"

These words were flattery, but they were also true. Fu Pinyan's face did not look old. He was 34 this year, a father of five children. There were no wrinkles on his face. He took good care of his skin, and he had a thin and lean figure, making him truly look like a man in his early twenties. Fu Pinyan knew that women may like appearances, but the officialdom was about seniority. People would easily underestimate him if he had a young face, so he grew his beard early to give himself maturity and stability points to match with his deep, refined, and wise eyes.

"Stop flattering me." Fu Pinyan had no time to joke around, and reminded her once again, "Stay by your older brother's side. You are not allowed to take even one step away, do you understand?" From the very beginning, he did not plan to take action when his daughter and Qi Zhu were together, but Qi Zhu invited her, and his daughter also wanted to join in the fun.

"I know, I know, you always treat me like a child." Fu Rong was annoyed and quickly tried to dismiss him.

Fu Pinyan his gaze to his eldest son. Fu Chen's mouth lifted, "Father, don't worry, even if I lose my life, I will keep Nong Nong safe."

He was clearly smiling, clearly promising to protect his younger sister, but there was a viciousness in his words that could not be concealed.

That person wanted to hurt his sister, so she will deserve it tonight.

Fu Pinyan nodded his head. He didn't say much and went to look for his wife.

Fu Chen went to the doorway to wait for his sister.

It was late at night, and the bright red lanterns hung in front of every house provided sources of light. There was the sound of horseshoes coming up the alley. Fu Chen turned his head to look back. It was the Qi family's carriage.

The carriage slowly stopped. Qi Ce jumped down first. Qi Zhu poked her head out and looked around. Seeing only Fu Chen outside, she smiled and said with a little embarrassment, "It's cold outside, so I won't go down. I'll wait for Nong Nong inside the carriage. Please forgive me, Brother Fu."

Fu Chen looked at the car in the carriage with unprecedented disgust.

He finally understood what a snake-scorpion beauty was. His mother was beautiful and had some small tricks up his sleeve. Fu Chen didn't think that it was bad for a woman to be a little scheming, but to use her schemes on innocent people, and for it to be his family, if it wasn't for Old Master Qi, there wouldn't be a need for them to use such secretive measures. They would've gone up to their house and slashed the knife over her face a few times.