Acting Neighborly... Or Not

Start from the beginning

"Oh, um, the car washing stuff is in the garage, along with the hose. Do you need any help?" he asked, not looking up from the paper.

"No, I'm good," I told him. I got everything I needed and hooked up the hose on the side of the garage. I walked over to his car parked the driveway and placed the bucket down beside it. I poured a little bit of soap and filled it with water. It was still early morning, but the sun was making it hot. I wet my front to cool off a little bit. I heard a mutter and looked behind me. The neighbor on the right, Stu or Bob, I didn't remember which, was outside, trimming the hedges. I waved at him and put on my sweetest smile. Then I turned the hose onto the car and started working on my apology.

I got halfway through soaping up the car when I noticed Julia watching at the window. That woman sure didn't understand the meaning of discreet, did she? I winked and waved to her, making a show of it and then she shut the blinds.

"Maybe I should be out here helping you," Bastian said, from the porch. He was in a white T-shirt and swimming trunks. I smiled at him and he gave me a stern, knowing look. He pulled out another sponge and helped me soap up the rest of the car. Suddenly, housewives were out on their porches pretending to watch their lecherous husbands do the chores. These people were acting like they were watching a porn in their front yard. I decided maybe it would be neighborly to give them something worth watching. Water fight, anyone?

I finished rinsing off the soap and looked at Bastian, with a wicked glint in my eye, I'm sure. He was a little slow on the uptake and didn't realize what I was doing until the nozzle was pointing straight at him.

"You better not," he warned me, right before I squeezed the trigger. He was soon soaked from head to toe. I was laughing and I was giddy. This was just the thing I needed to take my mind off of things. He pulled the hose from my grip and proceeded to chase me around his car with it. I grabbed the bucket of soapy water and tried to throw it on him, but, of course, I failed. We were having fun until Jaxon and Julia came out to reprimand us on our immature behavior.

"Is this childishness really necessary?" Jaxon scolded us.

"But she started it," Bastian said, sounding like a child.

"Well, you're a stupid head," I said back. He threw me a look that could rival that of any big brother. I smiled innocently and then stuck my tongue out at him. I really don't think a harmless tongue exposure was grounds for what he did next, but he did it and the entire block will forever remember it.

While Jaxon continued to ramble on about how irresponsible we were acting, Bastian reached up my back and yanked on the topmost strings to my bikini top. Next thing I know, I am flashing the entire neighborhood my lady lumps, while Bastian laughs his butt off.

My hands flew up to my breasts, but they weren't large enough to cover them decently. I slapped Bastian and indicated that he help me out. He stared at my chest as I failed to cover myself. Then he finally came out of his trance and stepped in front of me and threw me over his shoulder. Not what I wanted him to do, but I couldn't do much about it.

"Well, thanks for setting us hoodlums straight, Mr. Winters," he said, with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"Um, sure, thing," Jaxon stuttered, sounding distracted. It could possibly have a little something to do with my ass being at the same level as his face.

"Well, I better get this," Bastian said, slapping my ass before continuing, "sexy diva inside and into something dry before she catches her death." He was being ridiculous, but I knew exactly what he was playing at. He was being stupid. I looked past Bastian's waist and saw a nice looking car pull up. I didn't know who was visiting until the person got out. Even upside down, he looked cute. I hadn't seen him in a while, but how did he know where Sebastian lived?

"Hey, Nate, glad you decided to come and visit. I was just about to take this naughty little woman inside. Maybe you could join us," he said, purposely making it sound dirty.

"The blood is rushing to my head, Bastian," I yelled at him. It was true. I was definitely starting to get dizzy.

"Oh, sorry. Hey, Nate get over here," Bastian said and began to pull me back over his shoulder. I was wondering what he was doing, but I didn't have to wonder long. I had my hands firmly clasped over my chest as he handed me off to Nate. I smiled at his surprised face.

"Be careful with that present. It's fragile and already half unwrapped," he said, playfully and slapped Nate on the back.

"Well, um, make sure it doesn't happen again," Jaxon said, reminding us that he was still present. Nate turned to him and smiled. Julia was eyeing Bastian and chewing on her lip. Must be a pregnancy thing. I heard that they sometimes get really horny. Nate repositioned me and I reached an arm around his neck and tried not to flash any more pedestrians. He held out his free hand to Jaxon, who didn't look too eager to greet him. I watched him with care as he shook Nate's hand and introduced himself and vice versa.

"Well, we really should get inside," I said, interrupting the awkward silence that had settled on the group.

"Yeah, go ahead and I'll put this stuff up," Bastian said, as Nate walked me into the house. He set me down inside and shut the door. I smiled at him and bent forward facing away from him to remove my wet sandals. I pulled at the other string and held my bikini top as I walked to the bedroom. I quickly put on some dry clothes and took out the hair ties holding my hair back. I walked back into the living room to see Nate still standing where I had left him.

Bastian walked in and removed his wet shirt.

"Boy, you two sure are open about stripping in front of company," Nate said, obviously uncomfortable.

"Sorry," I told him, "we don't have company over very often."

"That much is certainly clear," Nate mumbled and Bastian laughed.

"Well, I guess I will be right back then," Bastian said, shyly walking off.

"How's your leg," Nate asked me and I waved my hand for him to follow me to the couch. He sat down and threw his arm over the back of the couch.

"It's doing good. I only ended up needing about three stitches or so," I told him.

"I'm here because I was wanting to ask you out," he said.

"Like on a date," I asked him.

"Yeah. Is that alright," he asked me.

"Of course, it's perfectly fine. I would love to," I told him.

************

Jaxon's POV:

I couldn't believe what had just happened. Why would Sebastian pull a stunt like that in front of me and Julia? Though Julia seemed too busy mentally undressing Sebastian to pay any attention to anything else. And Raven called him Bastian, what was that? Who was that Nate guy that had suddenly showed up and why was Raven staying with Sebastian at his house?

So many questions and no answers. I couldn't believe she would just cut me out of her life. I get that Julia was being a little bitchy about everything, but that was no reason to do what she did. I missed her already and it had only been about a week and a half. She was acting so cruel and there was nothing I could do about it. If Julia wasn't pregnant I wouldn't have stayed with her, didn't she get that?

I sighed and stared at the script on my computer. I was tempted to throw it out. I had no right to write about Raven's life, but filming was going to begin soon and Mr. Abbrams was eager for Raven to play the part of herself. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, what with her hating my very existence and everything.

"Honey, I am going to go to the doctor's. I'll be back in about an hour," Julia called to me and was out the door in a flash. I sighed. I didn't know why she didn't want me to go with her, but I didn't care. My mind was too busy thinking about my new, very sexy, extremely female neighbor. It would be a lot harder to ignore her with her pulling stunts, like going out to get the mail half naked and letting her chest air dry like that. Although, that was entirely Sebastian's fault.

I couldn't let them get to me. I had to think about the wedding and my bun in the oven. They were what was important right now and I would focus on that. My movie could be filmed without me present. I would just have to try to stay away from Raven. Maybe that would make things easier.

Hopefully.