chapter 10

^^^^ pic of dress I changed it from before so this is the new pic. Also sorry it's been so long had lots going on.

//////////

Allison stared at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. It was her wedding day but she just couldn't bring herself to be happy. There were so many conflicting things running through her mind she couldn't think straight.

The knock at the door startled her. "Come in." She called as she turned around. The door creaked open and Rowdy poked his head in and smiled.

"Hey beautiful." He said as happily as he could as he entered the room fully. He held up two champagne flutes and a bottle.

"Rowdy." She sighed as her heart fluttered as she took in his suit. It was form fitting and clung to his body like a second skin.

"Care for a drink before this show hits the road?" He asked as he held up the bottle for her inspection.

"Oh yes that would be great."She watched his not so steady hands as he poured the drinks and wondered what was wrong.  "Rowdy what's...?"

"A toast." He said shoving a glass in her hand and lifting his own. "To the most beautiful bride ever." He smiled as her face flushed. "May you get everything you desire in life. May you remember the single friends and throw us a bone from time to time. May you forgive a friend for missing the most important day of your life, or at least not punch him to harshly.  Most of all remember that even though he doesn't think the groom is worthy of capturing such a rare butterfly he really does wish you the best."He said as his voice dropped a couple of octaves as he looked at her.

"What are you blabbering about Rowdy? " She asked as she stepped forward until she stopped in front of him. "Are you leaving?" She asked sounding almost panicked. Rowdy dropped his head unable to look her in the eye and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah...about that...there's a problem at the Mistress and I have to go and take care of it. That's the problem with owning a business. You can't just let the boss deal with it." He dropped his hand and looked up to see her teary eyes and felt bad for leaving. He just couldn't stand to see her marry that jerk.

"I guess you're forgiven.  Besides you two don't like each other much anyway." She said so quietly.  Her head was down and she was desperately  trying to make her tears go away but one slipped down her cheek.

"Hey." He placed his finger under her chin and made her look at him. "What's with the water works?" He quietly brushed the tear away with the pad of his thumb.

"It's nothing." She sniffed and took the tissue he handed her.

"Yeah. Try another." He chided. "Something is wrong or you wouldn't be crying right now" his voice was rough and he cleared his throat.

"It's just that..." the door opened and the florist came into the room.

"I'm sorry I'm late but I'm the only one here today. My assistant called out sick today so I'm a little behind schedule." She stepped forward and placed the big box she was carrying on the table across the room.