Chapter 6

^^^^pics of Bruno the dog, Ace and Melanie

Allison was just finishing dinner up when there was a knock at the door.

"I got it."Rowdy instantly hollered.

"No you don't mister. You are going to stay right there on that couch." She pointed her finger at him and smiled when he groaned.

"Fine but I'm not staying on this gawd awful thing all night." He pouted as he slowly sat back.

"Of course you won't." She said as she opened the door and ushered Ace and Bruno inside with a smile for Ace and a pat on the side for Bruno who returned her affection with a very slobbery kiss. She chuckled and wiped it off before letting them pass.

"Make yourselves at home guys. Dinner will be ready in a few." She said as she disappeared through the kitchen door. She washed her hands and face of the slobber and went back to the salad she had been making. She heard a noise behind her and turned to see Bruno sitting next to the table watching her. She tossed him a treat from the jar she kept just for him and he laid down and chewed noisily.

"So how you feeling son?" Ace asked as he sat next to him on the couch.

"Like I've been hit by a truck." He grumbled. "It hurts to breathe and I'm already sick of these stupid pills." He said as he unconsciously rubbed his side where the pain was.

"Yeah well if it's what will make you feel better then you need to take them."He smiled as he looked to the kitchen where Allison had went. "Besides it can't be to bad cause you get to spend two weeks with her." He said as he hooked a finger in her direction.

"Not so sure that's a good thing yet." He sighed out.

"Oh? Why is that?" Ace asked with a smug look. Rowdy only shook his head and laid it back on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

"You know why Ace, I don't know if I can keep my hands off her the entire time." He sighed. "When we hang out its not that bad because I can leave but if I'm living here I can't quite do that now can I? " He rolled his head to look at Ace and saw Bruno come in on Allison's heels. "Damn dog likes her better then me and I own him." He thought to himself.

"The meal will be done in about five minutes." She said as she sat in the chair beside the couch. "I think we should..." She was cut off by the knock on the door and got up to answer it.

She opened the door and smiled at a very anxious Melanie standing there. "Hey Mel, you got here fast." She said as she was pulled into a tight trembling hug. "Hey Mel he's alright." She cooed trying to comfort her. "He'll tell you it's just a scratch. We were just sitting down for dinner would you care to join us?"  She smiled at her nod and guided her into the house.

Melanie caught sight of Rowdy and rushed to him worry clear on her face. "Why didn't you call me?" She wailed as she looked at her son and then glared at Ace.

"I didn't want to worry you mom. Besides you were out of...umph...town." He grunted when Ace helped him up and they walked slowly to the kitchen. Ace was under one arm helping to steady him and Melanie was latched to his side loosely as she to helped him.